• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

add what?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

topcoat

Mar 6, 2021
Greetings I'm topcoat (real shiny). That's my introduction, now I need help wth these instructions, if you know thumper you're probe=ably used to this but I'm not. Email me please with detailed instructions please. Thank you, not shinning much today.

Instructions:
1) Stop the application if started
2) Add this in hosts files (which can be found here: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc , make sure to run your notepad as administrator)
3) Install application using provided installer and do not reboot and make sure that Driver Genius is closed
4) Copy and replace crack file (DriverGenius.cfg) in to installation directory

Add what in hosts file? Add to the existing hosts file or what? I'm not getting these instructions.

Greetings I'm topcoat (real shiny). That's my introduction, now I need help wth these instructions, if you know thumper you're probe=ably used to this but I'm not. Email me please with detailed instructions please. Thank you, not shinning much today.

Instructions:
1) Stop the application if started
2) Add this in hosts files (which can be found here: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc , make sure to run your notepad as administrator)
3) Install application using provided installer and do not reboot and make sure that Driver Genius is closed
4) Copy and replace crack file (DriverGenius.cfg) in to installation directory

Add what in hosts file? Add to the existing hosts file or what? I'm not getting these instructions.
Just add the instructions here....thanks.

From Thumper's comments at 1337x:
Make sure to add below text in hosts files:
127.0.0.1 http://www.driver-soft.com
127.0.0.1 www.driver-soft.com
If it still doesn't work, then uninstall driver genius, restart your PC and reinstall again (Hosts files must be edited).

Here's how to edit the hosts file.

The important thing to remember is to open notepad as an administrator, otherwise windows will not allow you to save the altered hosts file. Good luck.

Thank you for the help, I'm fairly positive windows 7 is the same with host files as 10 is I'll give it a shot. Thanks again.

Back