What's new

Android phone memory full - I don't see how?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Hayes10

Jul 12, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
I have a Huawei Honor 8 Lite that I haven't used a while and just turned on. When it said that 15.97 of its 16 GB of internal memory were full, I figured it was lots of photos, videos etc. from the camera. But the camera is set to work on the memory card (on which there is still lots of space), and all folders that have anything in them on the internal memory are a few hundred megabytes each, tops. The phone can't calculate the size for all the folders at once, but I figure it should be no more than 2-3 GB, and definitely nowhere near 16. What can I do? I'm not too comfortable with doing a factory reset in case it messes something up with the contacts info etc.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
A good place to start would be load ES File Explorer File Manager. Head over to 1337x to grab a copy. While you are at it associate the phone with a gmail account so you can upload to google drive whatever is hogging space.
Next having not fired it up for a while AND you have backed up anything important, remove the SD card and do a factory restore. Many times that restore will make the phone more current than relying on updates and free up memory. Most of your apps have to be out of date anyway.
Finally the folks at XDA have rooted that phone so it would be a great piece to test your skills and have some fun. XDA has all the files and guides to do so. If you brick it, oh well. Better than than a newer Samsung Galaxy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors