• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Anybody Else Get This Email From Linksys?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Dear Linksys Customer,

All Linksys Smart Wi-Fi accounts were locked at 8:00 pm PDT on April 2 because someone was logging in with email address and password combinations stolen from other websites.

Your account was not compromised, but out of an abundance of caution we locked it to prevent unauthorized access. You need to change your password to log back in - unless you have already done so since we locked it.
RESET PASSWORD
You can also reset your password by clicking Forgot your password? in the Linksys app or by going to Linksys Smart Wi-Fi in a browser.

We have anticipated some FAQs if you want more details about what happened. On that page, you’ll find links to our customer support team.

In these times, people all over the world are relying more on their home networks to stay connected with colleagues, friends and family, and receive tele-health, news reports, and more. We take responsibility for your online security and pledge to do everything we can to prevent this from happening. To protect yourself and your data, use a different password for each of your online accounts and keep all your connected devices up to date with the most current firmware. If you need help, we’re here for you. 

Sincerely, 
The Linksys Team

It's legit. It's very scary that this would happen to a company selling a product like Linksys. It's a legit email, I checked before clicking through.
This is what happens when some computer savvy people get bored. It doesn't say that anything malicious was done other than the entry. In my day that was it. It was the fact you got in and left your calling card. No one I ever knew took it past that but that was a long time ago.

Hacking in devices from linksys isn't anything new. Specially the old but widely used Linksys WAP54G
Well that's the rub. This is a centralized hub used to access all your devices with limits. It has no bearing on an individual device. And yeah you right that WAP54G was a favorite target. That lost Linksys a huge chunk of cred. I have one of their super models I got for free from work that's the only reason I use it. I have other non-linksys hardware protection as well.

Latest posts

Back