What's new

Audio Issues When Using Zoom And Facebook Messenger

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

RobertK

Jun 7, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
For the last several weeks, although I am able to hear them, the other party is unable to hear me on either Zoom or Facebook messenger's phone feature. I have confirmed that the microphone privacy setting is correct. (The latter is the only recommendation I tend to see when I perform Google and Youtube searches.)

Prior to these recent episodes, I never experienced any problems with either platform.

Thanks!

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
First off welcome RobertK.
Now about your audio problem, the first question I would ask is what kind of system are we talking about? Laptop or tablet w/mic built in or is it otherwise? I am just trying to get a better picture of what's going on.
Here's one of those dumb questions that I hope you already did but didn't tell us. Did you go to Settings>System>Sound and test your mic with the Windows diagnostic before we go on?

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
It's a mic issue, try mic settings.
Probably but they did know how to change the privacy settings. Judging by the lack of a reply It must have been one of those oops I didn't mean to change that settings deal. Hey it happens to the best of us.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jamvaru Realtek HD Audio no longer functional Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 0
J Windows 10 not receiving mic audio Windows 10 Help and Support 5
ThumperTM Free Video Join/Split/Edit and Audio Rip/Strip Software Windows Apps 6
alpha1911 Music Bee - Freeware Audio Management & Player Windows Apps 6
rysh3r Jet Audio 8 Windows Apps 0
S Insider Preview update issues for 19035 or any other version. Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 0
DVDR_Dog Microsoft confirms installation issues in Windows 10 updates 8/19/2019 Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 5
Teebagger KMSpico 10.1.8 FINAL + Portable installing issues Windows 10 Help and Support 21
NickLAranda [Help] Dell Inspiron E5440 - Fan Pulsing Issues Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 4
G Issues downloading Adobe Acrobat PRO XI 11.0.20 Crack Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 5
J KMSpico 10.1.8 FINAL+Portable issues Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
O HP Stream 11 Touchpad issues Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
D KMS/Windows Issues Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 3
T Windows 10 Windows 10 Pro x64 v1607 + Update Issues Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 3
J Windows XP BE - on nForce chipset issues Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
DVDR_Dog Microsoft urges users to stop using phone-based multi-factor authentication General Security 1
Creapath How to Remove the Background of a Photo in a professional way using Power Point (without photoshop) Tutorials 2
K How to Transform a Photo into a Brick Wall Portrait using photoshop (DevilThirteenthTutoturials) Youtube Music & Videos 4
T Premiere Pro 2017, using Essential Graphic Templates Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
J Please help with MS Office 2010 Activation Code using Vista Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 0
D How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 Using Greenp0ison Tutorials 7
pirate07 How To Remove A Windows Password Using Backtrack Tutorials 0