• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

AVG 2015

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

alien909

Jun 26, 2015
Hi guys .I downloaded AVG 2015 from pb
and was nice clean install ,working nicely and i thank you guys!But after few days i see my firewall is turned off and requires upgrade.The license key i have is untill 2018,so i am asking you guys if there is a problem with AVG generally ? :)

There isn't a problem with AVG or Norton or any of the other antivirus programs.
The problem with these are that they are too resource hungry and tend to slow down your computer.
Each time you try and open an application on your PC the antivirus swings into action checking it to see if it is safe to open. One would imagine that once it was checked that it would not keep checking it each time you open them.
Another thing, why pay for any of these antivirus programs when Microsoft already has one for FREE and works exceptionally well. It is called Microsoft Security Essentials. You can Google it and download it from the Microsoft website.
Finally, like any program or programs that you install need to be configured to your likings, and not left at it's default state. If you still feel the need to use AVG because you have paid for it or got it from a torrent site and it is up-to-date, then turn on the Firewall and update the AVG. This will not cause any issues at all.

Cheers

Back