• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Business Security

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
I have been thinking about this for a while. I was given a question in a job interview lately that spark my interest again.
How to protect a business network? Set up blocks that keep employees from doing non business activities on the business network and attached systems, period. Any pro here will tell you it's that random surfing or private email with a payload that takes networks down 99% of the time. The solution? Make them bring in their own laptop, tablet or use their phone. Only allow these devices to connect to a seperate network, either a completely isolated line run in for non-business activities or a VERY well constructed and managed VLAN. Sounds like you are rubber stamping employess playing on the Internet on business time? You bet it is.
On the flipside if they are doing all these activities on a company network, well you know. Stolen personal information, enryption that requires paying a hefty ransom to unlock, etc. Now how does that stack up to let employees trash up their own machines machines and network? Kind of a who cares, serves you right, ha-ha Herman. You get it, don't you?
Companies need to face the facts. If an employee can fulfill the duties of their postion and have time to paly on their own system, so be it. Who wins in the end? If they are all play and no work, they know where the door is. I mean this is the hard cold reality of 2023 and the consequences. Deal with it or get caught up in it's problems. Rather than beefing up security and hoping your 3rd party security program will keep you safe from all the attcks going on out there, you need to do the right thing.

Back