Camtasia 9.0.4

luisramosbcn

Hi,

after installing Camtasia, copied the reg file, edited hosts file, then I started the app and when I write any of the supplied serials I get

"Our activation server is unable to register your copy of Camtasia. You may still use Camtasia Throughout yur trial period".

And is still locked in trial mode.

Any ideas?

Thx in advance

rainsurf

Same issue. Follow steps precisely and it doesn't actually activate. Don't think this type of crack works unless a step is missing.

ThumperTM

Administrator
Staff member
luisramosbcn said:
Hi,

after installing Camtasia, copied the reg file, edited hosts file, then I started the app and when I write any of the supplied serials I get

"Our activation server is unable to register your copy of Camtasia. You may still use Camtasia Throughout yur trial period".

And is still locked in trial mode.

Any ideas?

Thx in advance

Copy crack file RegInfo.ini to %programdata%\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 9\ and overwriting existing file

spee22222222222dy

I tried turning of the internet and then re-copying over the files. I had an older version of camtasia that was installed do you think there is some residual crap in the registry?

Where do you enter the user/key? Everything I try to click on in camtasia just opens a browser that takes me to an online page?

The welcome screen dosn't have any way to enter a key?

I'm running windows 7 ultimate.

rainsurf

Yeah there is definitely a missing step. Even completely offline you always get the "Cannot contact registration server error."

ThumperTM

Administrator
Staff member
spee22222222222dy said:
I tried turning of the internet and then re-copying over the files. I had an older version of camtasia that was installed do you think there is some residual crap in the registry?

Where do you enter the user/key? Everything I try to click on in camtasia just opens a browser that takes me to an online page?

The welcome screen dosn't have any way to enter a key?

I'm running windows 7 ultimate.
Hi,

Sure, if you had older version installed you need to uninstall it completly (you can use Revo Uninstaller) then reboot and install last version.

Good luck.

spee22222222222dy

Ok I grabbed Revo -- killed the reg keys and left-over folders post uninstall via revo.

These are the instructions I used.
================================================
Instructions:
1) Stop the application if started
2) Install application using provided installer and do not reboot
3) Edit Hosts files: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc "Hosts", add the following entries:

127.0.0.1 www.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 activation.cloud.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 oscount.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 updater.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 camtasiatudi.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 tsccloud.cloudapp.net
127.0.0.1 assets.cloud.techsmith.com

4) Copy crack file RegInfo.ini to %programdata%\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 9\ and overwriting existing file
DONE!
5) Use one of serials provided in Serials.txt
6) Set set the reginfo.ini file to read-only.

When I open the app for the first time I get -- can not communicate with registration server you can use trial period blah blah blah...

When I try to enter key nothing pops up. Just a broken webpage since I'm killing those host via host file edits.

Any idea?

noniceguy

spee22222222222dy said:
Ok I grabbed Revo -- killed the reg keys and left-over folders post uninstall via revo.

Instructions:
3) Edit Hosts files: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc "Hosts", add the following entries:

127.0.0.1 http://www.techsmith.com

4) Copy crack file RegInfo.ini to %programdata%\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 9\ and overwriting existing file
DONE!

When I open the app for the first time I get -- can not communicate with registration server you can use trial period blah blah blah...

When I try to enter key nothing pops up. Just a broken webpage since I'm killing those host via host file edits.

Any idea?
I did the exact same thing, I even tried to download a copy from the website cause I thought maybe it would work with the latest edition. Pls can someone try to fix this. I would love to finish a project without watermark :(

noniceguy

spee22222222222dy said:

Instructions:

DONE!

Any idea?
I did the exact same thing, I even tried to download a copy from the website cause I thought maybe it would work with the latest edition. Pls can someone try to fix this. I would love to finish a project without watermark :(

spee22222222222dy

I've tried everything in every which way and still have not gotten it to work.

What am I missing? What are the step by step instructions as the ones with the release do no work.

I've tried the following...

- With or without the host edits.
- With or without the application firewall blocks for the main to apps.
- With or without the set reginfo to read-only.
- And now doing the above with other special uninstall software

Ideas?

Thanks!

bingopajama

I have the same problem after following the same steps. I used Revo to uninstall twice, also searching through my hard drive to remove any files/folders related to Techsmith or Camtasia (especially in ProgramData & AppData). The HOSTS files has been edited properly (I'm a webdev so this was easy). RegInfo.inf was copied over & I opened it to make sure.

Every single time, it says it can't contact the validation server (hey - the HOSTS entries work). It's in trial mode and when trying to export without a watermark, I enter a serial # (I tried UVVDD-MJCCC-CD9MC-3KCBQ-293CF since that's the one in the crack) and it says it can't contact the activation server.

Something is wrong in your instructions, or your crack does not work.

wiasat

spee22222222222dy said:

Instructions:

DONE!

Any idea?
Same here man..

noniceguy

I hope the next version works, I tried to use a free copy but it has watermark even in trial mode..