• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Chat about Microsoft backing down on strict rules regarding running win 11

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

oldgeek

Aug 25, 2021
Just been reading in a magazine that there are reports of Microsoft is backing down and will allow older machines (from a certain age) to install windows. I have attached the article so anyone can have a read. If it is correct then TPM and safe boot may no longer be an issue with win 11. However, if you read through it does apply to a clean install I think.

Oldgeek

Attachments

• win 11.pdf
    101 KB · Views: 5
Have Windows 11 on 2 of our newer computers, and 2 of our older Windows 10 Computers with no problems. No TPM and no Secure Boot on the 2 older ones and just did an upgrade install so it kept all of my programs and settings. Microsoft's install requitements were easily done away with here on the 2 older Computers. Updates have been working on all 4 of our Computers so far as long as Microsoft does not decide to do something stupid and UN-friendly... sigh...

Back