• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 date format issue

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

GeorgeMartin

Aug 8, 2023
Hi guys,

This allows me to enjoy live sex cams on-the-go whenever I want.

Last edited:
The problem may be Windows must communicate date and time to all programs and processes in a standard format, namely ISO 8601. These standards were more strictly enforced when there was a bunch of program cracks based on extending trial periods of programs indefinitely. If I remember correctly the separators are defined as "-" or "/" in the standard, a period was not included for some reason although because it's much more common than the defined characters and more likely to cause program confusion.
You may have installed programs reporting date errors to Windows and prompting the change back to ISO 8601 date format.
Programs like Word will allow you to easily display the date in your preferred format, but to have that format system-wide may be not allowed for the forementioned reasons.

Here is a cheat sheet I made for resetting the w32Time service. If it gets out of sync your PC can do some very weird things. Having the w32Time service properly synced is crucial. Run these commands in an elevated cmd window.

w32tm /unregister
net stop w32time
w32tm /register
net start w32time
w32tm /config "/manualpeerlist:rolex.usg.edu,0x8 ntp-badger.dyndns.info,0x8 ntp.glorb.com,0x8 ntp1.cs.wisc.edu,0x8 ntp-1.cso.uiuc.edu,0x8"
net stop w32time
net start w32time

then check

w32tm /query /source
w32tm /query /configuration
w32tm /resync
w32tm /config /syncfromflags:MANUAL /reliable:yes
w32tm /query /peers

Back