What's new

disk part error

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

vkabeer

May 25, 2019
OS
Windows 7
BR
Chrome 74.0.3729.169
i have a usb pendrive and it says write protection how to remove it and make my usb usb bootable

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 74.0.3729.169
I get USB drives locked with OEM operating systems all the time. I have the software installed at work but I can't remember what it was. I do know it was free but the info was hard to find. The registry trick didn't work for me.
I know it's kind of lame but I will post the name and a link to download the software Tuesday morning when I get into work again. It's real brute force format software.
Let us all know if you find the answer sooner.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 74.0.3729.169
Hey if you want to have some fun and learn something along the way, I remember that for some reason it is impossible to touch that partition in a Windows environment. The program that I have at work boots into Linux and obliterates the file system on the drive leaving in a raw state. I forget the reason that the partition is untouchable, but no fiddling with disk management or registry values did any good. It's a piece of code I found out there, can't seem to recall where.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 74.0.3729.169
I think this is the same piece of software I used. I currently don't have a locked USB drive so I can't be sure.
It's freeware available here:

One thing, VRAM is kind of sensitive. You shouldn't use this or any complete format program or routine usually, a quick format is all flash memory requires and will extend it's life.

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Owner
Aug 18, 2010
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 74.0.3729.169
I think this is the same piece of software I used. I currently don't have a locked USB drive so I can't be sure.
It's freeware available here:

One thing, VRAM is kind of sensitive. You shouldn't use this or any complete format program or routine usually, a quick format is all flash memory requires and will extend it's life.

I may need this tools in future, Thank you!

Snuffy

Dec 10, 2011
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 69.0
I get USB drives locked with OEM operating systems all the time. I have the software installed at work but I can't remember what it was. I do know it was free but the info was hard to find. The registry trick didn't work for me.
I know it's kind of lame but I will post the name and a link to download the software Tuesday morning when I get into work again. It's real brute force format software.
Let us all know if you find the answer sooner.
Depends on what caused the LOCK, my self i use Hard Disk Low Level Format, for reset the USB to dafault, then format as fat32, never fails and I have saved many USBs that way for clients that "mess them up"