• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 Drive on networked laptop not accessible

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Rockford

Sep 30, 2021
Using Windows 10 on both PC and laptop each with a logical D: drive. I can ping each other as they are both on the same Ethernet connection. I can also see the contents of the PC's D: drive from the laptop. However, I am unable to see the contents of the laptop's D: drive from the PC. I do see the laptop name and the drive name under Networks on the PC, but when I try to open it, I keep getting the error: "Windows cannot access \\Laptop\D". I have tweaked all settings that I possibly can, but what am I missing? TIA.

Using Windows 10 on both PC and laptop each with a logical D: drive. I can ping each other as they are both on the same Ethernet connection. I can also see the contents of the PC's D: drive from the laptop. However, I am unable to see the contents of the laptop's D: drive from the PC. I do see the laptop name and the drive name under Networks on the PC, but when I try to open it, I keep getting the error: "Windows cannot access \\Laptop\D". I have tweaked all settings that I possibly can, but what am I missing? TIA.
I got it working. I had left out a crucial step - I did not have "Everyone" under Security, which I thought I had added. Once I added it, I'm rocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back