Reactions: hawnod

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 79.0.3945.130
I will suggest Brave Browser. It has download and torrent manager integrated.

Download here - http://bit.ly/_brave_browser
I still am having mixed feelings in regards to Brave. I don't think you can trust online reviews per se due to their ad revenue model. IDK about replacing ads with ads seems like an oxymoron although you do get paid to watch while web owners are deprived of their revenues.
Here's the best place I have found where a good unbiased discussion about Brave Browser takes place. Check it out:

Last edited:
Reactions: hawnod

jamvaru

Jun 23, 2012
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 72.0
i looked at brave on a recommendation from my cousin, who is very into that sort of thing, steemit, etc.
it seemed weak, wimpy; kinda lame
lemme look again... meh
bat coin is down over time; but it is worth something
i've been liking firefox lately, as it doesn't cache my youtube videos on the hard drive.
i'll try it
DownThemAll was really good for a while, till they changed the fundamentals of the addons and the developer gave up. It still works on legacy firefox if you are interested. Multi-thread downloader. Not every site allows multi-thread though.

jimdunn

Nov 25, 2019
Pacific
OS
Windows 10
BR
Edge 80.0.361.62
Firefox is probably the best... but if you *have* to have Chrome, try Iron... as for Brave... I don't think so.

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 80.0.3987.122
Firefox is probably the best... but if you *have* to have Chrome, try Iron... as for Brave... I don't think so.
Firefox has always been better than good except when "the group" pulled the shenanigans killing all the add-ons with no notice.... Shades of Apple products. :oops:

Reactions: jamvaru

jamvaru

Jun 23, 2012
OS
Windows 10
BR
SeaMonkey 2.49.5
probably pressure from corporations, who pay money for 'firefox pro' or whatever, i guess; who knows
also a way to kill things like DTA which was enabling me to download movies; i used it on FF legacy for a while and eventually the movie sites got wise to it. I just gave up trying to download. I've been buying dvd's on ebay. Kinda nice to actually 'own' the movie. Or TV show. Got season one of Heroes full HD 1080p for $4 free shipping.

I'm using SeaMonkey right now. It crashes every so often. But it works great as a 'default' windows browser, instead of 'edge'. It seems to have an engine similar to older firefox (legacy). I found a version of uBlock Origin that works fine with it. I can do everything with it except watch youtube videos, which i prefer to do on firefox for the reason i mentioned above. SeaMonkey will do youtube videos of course. I haven't checked to see how it is cacheing.

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 80.0.3987.122
You should check out the usenet jamvaru. That's where my name comes from, my old group although it's a shitehole now. DVD's? What's that? Anyway it's cheap, once stuff is posted on there it rarely goes away. It takes a bit of care and patience but there are still many treasures there available 24/7 and not subject to some turd who won't seed something past 95%.

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 80.0.3987.122
I think IDM is better.
I won't argue. However if you read the posts on the torrent indexes, cracked versions of IDM seems to be a favorite vector of people who would want to put nasty stuff on your system. Downloading stuff that's not intended to be downloaded seems to be a cat and mouse game lately with no winners but these tools do work magic.

Reactions: ThumperTM