What's new

Headphones buzzing noises

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

celinaa

Aug 23, 2020
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 88.0.4324.104
Hello everyone, for some reason when I turn on my computer everything is ok. But after one to three hours, a buzzing noise occurs. This noise is getting worse and worse as time passes. Only when I restart the computer the problem is solved for the next couple of hours and this problem happens over and over again. I don't know what can have caused that. I think it's a driver problem but I have updated and even reinstalled the drivers and the problem doesn't fix. Somebody, please help me.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 88.0.4324.104
Do you know what a 60 Hz (or 50 Hz) hum sounds like? If it is, something like that your power supply or more specifically it's rectifiers are starting to fail. If that's the case and if it's a tower/desktop start looking for a new power supply on sale. Also as time goes by you will notice all kinds of weird problems appearing.

pugpin

Dec 2, 2018
OS
OS X
BR
Chrome 88.0.4324.146
Hello everyone, for some reason when I turn on my computer everything is ok. But after one to three hours, a buzzing noise occurs. This noise is getting worse and worse as time passes. Only when I restart the computer the problem is solved for the next couple of hours and this problem happens over and over again. I don't know what can have caused that. I think it's a driver problem but I have updated and even reinstalled the drivers and the problem doesn't fix. Somebody, please help me.
your power supply filters are going bad (capacitors) common problem.. replace power supply and it will fix it. i am electronic engineer and see this all the time

cndps

May 25, 2019
OS
Windows 8.1
BR
Chrome 89.0.4389.72
Hey, i had a thought about the subject and if it is a speaker with a direct and dedicated electric plug then there is no problem as when connected the speaker will make a constant noise from the electric connection. Hope it helps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors