What's new

Help with activating Office 2016

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

clemence213

Apr 28, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 90.0.4430.93
Okay so I downloaded Office 2016 + activator from ThumperDC. I'm having major issues actually getting it to activate. The installation worked perfectly, I just can't find the activator setup

I then downloaded a seperate activator also from ThumperDC, but when I tried to activate it through the command line running as an admin it immediately closed on me. windows ntivirus is turned off, but I think mcafree might still be on (it takes forever to delete off my laptop for some reason)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 13

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 90.0.4430.93
Well you know the old story, when all else fails read the instructions.
If your A/V (Windows Security or anything else) hasn't been completely deactivated It's going to flag and remove the activator. Also be aware that you will continue to see the nag screen to enter the key, however the program will works just fine with all features activated.
Not sure where you are at this point but I would uninstall with Revo and do a roll back if possible. Then start over after you read and study the instructions. Go through the threads posted here if you have any questions, I assure you they have already been answered.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 90.0.4430.93
Or older versions work too. I don't think that ms office made so many changes between older and newer versions. Maybe some bug fixed here and there.
Yup 2007 enterprise version is the last version that does a complete install. Some say it was Gates going away present.

jake_paul

Jul 13, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
To Activate your Office 2016, Follow the steps below :-
1. Go to Start > Word 2016.
2. Select Activate.
3. Follow the prompts to complete the activation process.
(As part of this process, you'll create or specify a Microsoft account to associate with Office. Remember this account so that you can reinstall Office on this PC in the future, or install Office on additional computers or devices if you have an Office 365 subscription.)

I Hope this helps you out. Get more information on O365CloudExperts.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
To Activate your Office 2016, Follow the steps below :-
1. Go to Start > Word 2016.
2. Select Activate.
3. Follow the prompts to complete the activation process.
(As part of this process, you'll create or specify a Microsoft account to associate with Office. Remember this account so that you can reinstall Office on this PC in the future, or install Office on additional computers or devices if you have an Office 365 subscription.)

I Hope this helps you out. Get more information on O365CloudExperts.
The OP was referring to KMS activation. These instructions will work if you have a legit license only. I wouldn't associate a copy of Office with a Microsoft account if you plan on going the KMS activation route.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
DVDR_Dog Open WRT any help? Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 4
S MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 (Word Unlicensed Product) HELP Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 4
M Help with win-defender Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 2
B help request to put a Windows 7 in FR Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
F need help picking windows 10 Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 2
B Windows 10 Need help installing Windows 10 onto laptop running off usb drive Windows 10 Help and Support 3
D Help me plss to fix Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 2
C Win10 Build 19042.631 - Network error help need Windows 10 Help and Support 9
DVDR_Dog Quickbooks Help! Windows 10 Software Chat and Support 4
K Hi all and mini help to acrobat pro 11 Windows 10 Software Chat and Support 2
N i got hacked, plz help Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Help 8
L Help with Microsoft office 2016 Activation Windows 10 Help and Support 3
D Help! Im stuck don't know what to do anymore, 3 times BSOD makes my SSD RAW :( Windows 10 Help and Support 4
E Windows 10 Seeking Help in Free upgradation of Windows 10 Home Single Language to Professional Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 7
W EFI partition size - please help after clean install Win 10 for Multiboot Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 5
thief89 AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0 HELP! Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 2
A help needed Windows 10 Help and Support 5
DVDR_Dog Need Help With an Odd Format Smartphones and other Devices Chat & Support 7
N Windows 10 Wondershare Filmora 8.7.4.0 help Windows 10 Help and Support 17
NickLAranda [Help] Dell Inspiron E5440 - Fan Pulsing Issues Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 4
O HELP windows 8.1 problems Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
J I need help installing the premium version of Malwarebytes. Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
A Office MAC 16.19 activation [help] Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
G autodata 3.45 test mode disable help Windows 10 Help and Support 2
A Adobe Acrobat XI Pro install and crack...HELP Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 0
B Need help installing FolderLock 7.5.2. Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 0
T Need Help for Internet Download Manager 6.28 Build 7 Portable Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
R HELP! Network Infected Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Help 5
N Help with Avast! Premier - Scans not working Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
B Microsoft Windows 10 1607 Oct HELP !! Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
C HELP HOW TO USE KMSpico 10.1.8 FINAL Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
M HELP: compress video to email! Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
B im just ignorant and need help... Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
R Microsoft Office Pro 2016 [HELP] Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
R Natural Reader Help with voices Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
M avg torrent help Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 1
S CCleaner help Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
Z SlySoft 7.6.8.0 *help* Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
E Please help! Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
C new guy & need help Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 6
G Help with microsoft office 2016 pro plus v16 + activator Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 5
S Help with your Office Pro Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 51
S I need help with your Office 2016 + activator instructions Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 50
Z [HELP] Windows 10 Not Activated Permanent Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
V Windows Toolkit/KMSpico help! Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
S help me choose the right windows for me Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 3
T Windows XP setup HELP Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
A Photoshop CC 2015 Portable help Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 7
N Need help with uTorrent 3.4.2 Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 5
F Camtasia 8.4.4 help! Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 1