• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Hey! I need some advice some advice where to buy FLASH DRIVES??

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

pbpdx5150

Jul 14, 2021
Hi folks.... SO... where is a good place to buy good flash/thumb drives? I need like at least 32 gigs and up to, well..a anything, right?
Id like to get a few of em... was thinking online, cause the one I saw in walgreens & Fred Meyer were spendy!
Thanks in advance,
Parker

Well that depends. If you are looking for just raw storage I usually get mine at Micro Center, their house brands are dirt cheap and the offer both USB 2.0 and 3.0 at a slightly higher price. They will exchange a defective unit no charge at the store if you have a problem.
If you are trying to make the bootable disk with any method, it can be a pain. Some chipset/BIOS combinations can be picky what they will accept. I keep seeing Sandisk as being the best for some reason.
If you want to get your drive online Tom's did a review although their links to Amazon all have affiliate payout commissions so take that for what it's worth.
In the real world I have had flash drive failures from the best of brands. One tip I can give you that I haven't seen anywhere is NEVER leave a flash drive connected to a system that you are installing chipset drivers or USB drivers, I know for a fact that some chipset drivers can shoot a voltage surge through the USB port which is a USB flash drive killer,

Last edited:
Back