• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Hide a file in a image

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Sep 13, 2010
1. Gather the file you wish to bind, and the image file, and place them in a folder. For the sake of this demonstration, I will be using
C:\New Folder(you may use any other path,but u must give correct destination to accept the path by the system..)

-The image will hereby be referred to in all examples as fluffy.jpg

2. Add the file/files you will be injecting into the image into a WinRar .rar or .zip. From here on this will be referred to as (secret.rar)
-For Example, you want to hide a .txt file,a image file into a image,inject your desired files in to winrar and make as .rar file or .zip file.

3. Open command prompt by going to Start > Run > cmd

4. In Command Prompt, navigate to the folder where your two files are by typing
cd location [ex: cd C:\New Folder]and press enter.if you gave correct path it has been accepted by system..if you make any mistake it can't accept..

5. Type [copy /b fluffy.jpg + secret.rar fluffy.jpg] (remove the brackets when you typing at cmd)and press enter.

Congrats, as far as anyone viewing is concerned, this file looks like a JPEG, acts like a JPEG, and is a JPEG, yet it now contains your file.100% working in windows xp.

6.To open your hided files in a image,goto winrar -> open archive->change the files type at bottom as all archive into all files.click your hided image.your files has been shown..you may extract files asusally..

thanksifuluike.png

If I catch anyone doing this and sending viruses, I will have to track your IP and send it to the RSPCA ;P

Back