What's new

How can I instal Win 10 on one partition

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Aprilia

Apr 5, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 89.0.4389.114
How can I instal Win 10 on only one partition
Cos Win is puting diferent files like mbr on other partitions

Thank you

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Owner
Aug 18, 2010
OS
OS X
BR
Chrome 89.0.4389.114
How can I instal Win 10 on only one partition
Cos Win is puting diferent files like mbr on other partitions

Thank you
Hi,

Please be more specific, do you want to install windows 10 as mbr or gpt?

starhawk69

Apr 23, 2020
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 89.0.4389.114
I'm gonna take a guess that you are trying to install Windows on a partition on a HDD with another OS(Linux) installed on it. Windows will overwrite any MBR from another OS unless you install Windows first. Then install any other OS (Linux?)and use its bootloader to boot. Of course Window 10 will do recon on your system anyway, but what do you expect from Micro$oft. Personally I like to install each OS on it's own physical drive, makes things simpler in the long run. Hope this helps. Good luck.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 89.0.4389.114
Personally I like to install each OS on it's own physical drive, makes things simpler in the long run. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Yes it does. So is this what you are asking Aprilia? You are going to need a boot partition of some sort. It's possible to do so by tricking your system a bit but not recommended. When you choose to abandon those other 2 partitions you are giving away some pretty cool features of Win 10.
But it really comes down to what is your intention and why do you require only one partition? Answer that and there are some pretty smart members here who have experience and are glad to help once they are aware of where you are trying to go.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Problem to instal Mercedes EWA Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
M Help with win-defender Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 1
WonderWoman Win 10 Pro Hyper-v networking problem Windows 10 Help and Support 4
C Win 10 won't recognise any mP3 players Windows 10 Help and Support 4
K Issue between Win 10 update and Google Chrome Windows 10 Help and Support 1
W EFI partition size - please help after clean install Win 10 for Multiboot Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 5
DVDR_Dog What's Up With Win 10 Tablets? Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 8
DVDR_Dog Laptop Screen Freezing Win 10 Dual Graphics Systems Windows 10 Help and Support 7
R Best WIN 10 at the moment Windows 10 Help and Support 2
Mousewarp Win 7 Software Installer Headaches Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
DVDR_Dog Have You Installed Win 10 Optional Update KB4520062? Read This!!!!! Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software 1
DVDR_Dog Loading Windows 7 on Native Win 10 System Headache Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
D Tech Win 10 iso Windows 10 Help and Support 1
S How do I install MS Office Pro Plus 2016? It keeps trying to use Win 9 to unzip but not working... Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 1
O Win 10 Pro (x64) Oct,2o15 iso Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
C Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended v13 0 Portable WIN 8 problem Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 4
H Win 10 - PRO or Enterprise Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 13
S Making a bootable Win 7 DVD Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
P Make your internet faster (WIN 7,XP,Vista,) Tutorials 7
alpha1911 WinUSB Maker (Making bootable USB from Win ISO) Windows Apps 94
D Win XP Pro SP3 x86 June 2012 + Sata Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
I Win XP Crack VGA Issue Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
J Win 7 Torrent Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 5
B Can't Install Vista, Win 7 or Win 8 on this Dell? Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 3
seashells Win XP Home Ed Boot Problem Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
britton03 Retail win 7 Loader Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 2
W Windows Update deleted my Linux partition? Windows 10 Help and Support 4
V EaseUs partition master Techician Edition (expired) Windows 10 Help and Support 3
B Not sure if my recovery partition is valid and bios query Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
A MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition 10.2.1 + Crack Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 7
ThumperTM Paragon Partition Manager [Freeware] Windows Apps 3