• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

How to Bring Back the Old Context Menu in Windows 11

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Nov 2, 2021
So I'm not sure about the rest of you here, but I absolutely hate the new context menu on Windows 11. I initially didn't realize there was an option in my old friend Winaero Tweaker to fix the issue, so I initially did a registry hack that I found online. This registry hack is great if you don't want to install any software to return the old context menu. Simply create a .reg file in Notepad (or another text editor, whatever floats your boat) and populate the file with the below code. Then run the saved .reg file and click and yes on the warnings that Windows puts out. Restart explorer (or just reboot/relogin) and you will have the good ol' legacy context menu that is actually functional.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32]
@=""

Back