• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

How to effectively use G2A.com

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Mercury

VIP
Aug 22, 2010
Hey there everyone. Some of you may remember me, probably not, i've been quite busy of late. Anywho, I decided to spread a tutorial I am creating for a popular website, "G2A.com".

First of all, what is G2A?
Well, since over here at Thumper/TechTools, you guys are about free/discounted stuff, i'll explain it how you all want it to be explained. If you play games or want to get genuine windows for a huge discount, G2A is your place.

G2A is a website/company run in Poland that allows you to purchase things for a huge discounted price from either the company or the community.

Sounds great, i'm in!
Wait a second! There are a few tips that I will use to help you get the best experience as you possibly can.

rEeo9QW.jpg

This is what the website looks like. The special offers etc scattered around the place. However, the most important part of the site is this part.

bmVnomx.png

This is where most of what you will need to change is. To make sure you get the best time possible, change "Great Britain" (Or whatever country is on there) to your country and change "GBP" (Default I believe is EUR) to your currency. These 2 steps make it VERY easy to purchase as it converts everything for you.

Now, if we use the search bar to search for something, we'll get 3 different potential things.

ovvMMT4.png

"Buy Now" means that the item you want is in stock. Click "Buy Now" to go to the next screen.

"Preorder" means that you will get the game code when the game is released. I would personally ONLY use G2A for this, as if the game isn't released for a long time (such as Warlords Of Draenor) then it's a very long time that you'll be suspicious.

"View" means that there are no codes available. If you go to the next screen, you will be able to select "Notify Me" to be notified via e-mail when the codes are available for purchase.

kkMnwTG.png

If you are buying. This is the most crucial screen. To the top, you will see the G2A official buy link. This link is the most secure by far, as it's official G2A, and as a reputed company, they will give you a code that works.

The community is usually what I use. However, you need to look at 2 things. The Rating of the person, 100% is usually best. The second thing is the number next to it (in this case, 9036) which is how many people have voted.

High rating / People who voted = Trustworthy.

High rating / low people who voted = Potentially trustworthy, be careful.

Medium rating / high voted = Potentially trustworthy.

Medium rating / low people who voted = Be extremely careful. I would use G2A official or go the the more trustworthy ones, even if it means spending more money.

Low rating / low people who voted = Potentially trustworthy.

Low rating / High people who voted = Do not buy from this person.

G2A shield.

You'll notice the "G2A Shield" which is something quite a lot of people use. If you see someone with high rating / high people who voted then you will not usually need G2A shield (I wouldn't use it anyways, if you're buying something expensive then buy it.)

G2A shield means that if the code does not work, then you will get a full refund. The process, however, can be boring as hell. You have to wait in a queue of up to 200 people (takes a few hours) and input your code through their software. If it doesn't work, you get your money back. Simple. I've not used it yet and i've had no trouble with my codes.

Refer to the above, "Rating / People voted" to see if you need it. Anything above 95% is generally trustworthy and you'll be fine with it.

Now, have an amazing time browsing through the website.

G2A - My referral link
G2A normal link

It would be amazing if you could click my referall link, however, I don't mind if you do not want to.

I will edit this post in a few days with information about the gold mine "G2A Goldmine" to see how it works. If you register with someone's link (such as mine) then you spread the word, if somebody buys with your referral cookies then you will get money and the person who refers you will also gain a smaller amount of money too.

I am sorry for the image sizes. I can not edit them -_- damn imgur.

Thanks very much! Hopefully this stay will be longer than my last one! Hope you enjoy the guide.

Back