• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!
Resource icon

How to use DiskPart to clean and format drive not working on Windows 10

Hotrod369

VIP
Hotrod369 submitted a new resource:

How to use DiskPart to clean and format drive not working on Windows 10 - Use the cmd Diskpart to to format a drive.

How to use DiskPart to clean and format drive not working on Windows 10​

By Mauro Huculak
published 13 days ago
If a drive is causing problems on Windows 10, it could be a logical issue that can be fixed with a few commands.

View attachment 5981
DiskPart fix drive on Windows 10 (Image credit: Future)

On Windows 10, when an...

Read more about this resource...

I have to admit, probably out of laziness, I have EaseUS Partition Master installed on every system I own. It will pretty much obliterate any type of formatting and protection I have ever encountered. Good for moving partitions too. I think I started using it when I had a thumb drive that defied formatting. Hotrod's instructions are a more noble way of doing just about anything and having better control over the operation. Sometime I do like slumming it

I have to admit, probably out of laziness, I have EaseUS Partition Master installed on every system I own. It will pretty much obliterate any type of formatting and protection I have ever encountered. Good for moving partitions too. I think I started using it when I had a thumb drive that defied formatting. Hotrod's instructions are a more noble way of doing just about anything and having better control over the operation. Sometime I do like slumming it
I use Partition Assistant for most of those operations but, almost always do my formatting with diskpart. Over the last year, I've gotten much used to doing things with a terminal. After doing things regularly for a while in a terminal you tend to memorize the most common commands and typing them in gets to be second nature.

Back