• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Just a FYI

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Please be aware that torrents posted by certain "groups" have had more than their share of viruses/adware/trojans embedded in them. I am not talking false positives. My guess is certain sites are grabbing warez from goodness knows where and posting them with their names attached for props.
Over the long weekend I reverse engineered some of these programs and I found a few alarming things. I have to think that one or more things are going on with these "group" posts.
1. They are in a hurry to try to be first to post with programs, it seems there is a lot of duplication of posts with little difference other than the name attached to it.
2. I hope they are not the original crackers. Some of these programs are loaded with goodies.
Which brings me to 3. Do these pseudo groups have a clue what's going on in the stuff they post? It appears not.

Sandboxing and reverse engineering is a pain in the butt and I don't expect an average user to do that.
However after looking at the current crop of stuff here's what I found:
There are two categories, adware and spyware some which allows remote access to your system.

Here's what you can do. If your antivirus goes off it should be some cause for concern. The writers who inject nasties into warez count on you turning it off.
Malwarebytes is your friend. Always run it after an install and look at the results. If you see something flagged and don't understand it, google it. When it doubt, wipe it out.

Stay safe
-Dog

Back