• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

laptops screen blinking

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

amn

Aug 8, 2019
laptop mouse stopped working, thank god i have extra usb mouse but screen going dark or blinking

mouse started working normally after restart but screening blacking continue

Is it possible for you to hook your laptop up to an external monitor?
That would help a great deal in trying to solve your problem.
Also could you share with us the make and model of your laptop?

I can tell you at first glance I would check your AC power supply. (The DC adapter that plugs into the wall).
It's quite possible low voltage could be causing your troubles but depending what happens when you hook up the external monitor we will know much more.

my monitor is working fine most of the time but occasionally blinking but yes, i can hook it up with another monitor too but tell me in details how and what to see

samsung np300e5x a0bin

my monitor is working fine most of the time but occasionally blinking but yes, i can hook it up with another monitor too but tell me in details how and what to see

samsung np300e5x a0bin
Just go ahead and hook it up to see if the flickering still exists. If it does, it's not the screen or connectors. If the flickering persists it's something deeper in the system or perhaps remotely possible in the drivers or operating system but that's going too far, too soon. Report back your findings.

laptop mouse stopped working, thank god i have extra usb mouse but screen going dark or blinking

Get a new laptop if your not tech inclined as repairing it is more expensive.

If you are, its probably a bad oxidized contact on a screen connector, probably due to someone previously taking the laptop appart.

Not knowing what the laptop has been through, it's hard to tell the reason why its blinking.

Good luck.

Corsair.

would recommend do a clean install if possible, if not control panel -> devices - uninstall the Video Driver.
move back to desktop in a blank area RC mouse to Refresh. if display contines to blink, reboot. and let Windows reinstall the display default driver.....

Back