What's new

Malwarebytes 3.0 Worked But Didn't?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Shoopa

New Member
Jun 13, 2017
2
0
I installed everything and did it all and it is working, as far as premium goes. It says I have it, i can modify all the settings, active protection, all that jazz.

I am having an issue though that when I hit scan, it scans for 3-6 seconds then stops and says clean. Now I am no Rocket Scientologist, but I think it should take a bit longer than that? Anyone else encounter this issue or know what went wrong?
 

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Owner
Aug 18, 2010
12,484
8,910
Shoopa said:
I installed everything and did it all and it is working, as far as premium goes. It says I have it, i can modify all the settings, active protection, all that jazz.

I am having an issue though that when I hit scan, it scans for 3-6 seconds then stops and says clean. Now I am no Rocket Scientologist, but I think it should take a bit longer than that? Anyone else encounter this issue or know what went wrong?

Hi,

You can try full scan.
 

Shoopa

New Member
Jun 13, 2017
2
0
ThumperTM said:
Shoopa said:
I installed everything and did it all and it is working, as far as premium goes. It says I have it, i can modify all the settings, active protection, all that jazz.

I am having an issue though that when I hit scan, it scans for 3-6 seconds then stops and says clean. Now I am no Rocket Scientologist, but I think it should take a bit longer than that? Anyone else encounter this issue or know what went wrong?

Hi,

You can try full scan.

I tried each scan, even tried scanning 1 item and then 1 folder.
Tried as admin
Nothin.
 

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Owner
Aug 18, 2010
12,484
8,910
Shoopa said:
ThumperTM said:
Shoopa said:
I installed everything and did it all and it is working, as far as premium goes. It says I have it, i can modify all the settings, active protection, all that jazz.

I am having an issue though that when I hit scan, it scans for 3-6 seconds then stops and says clean. Now I am no Rocket Scientologist, but I think it should take a bit longer than that? Anyone else encounter this issue or know what went wrong?

Hi,

You can try full scan.

I tried each scan, even tried scanning 1 item and then 1 folder.
Tried as admin
Nothin.

Hi,

Use revo uninstaller, uninstall malwarebytes, then download newer version. It should work :)
 

DarthMarth

New Member
Jun 20, 2017
4
0
When you uninstall (i'm using Revo too) use program called "mbam-clean-2.3.0.1001"
You can download from Malwarebytes site (probably newer version) and run it after removing MB from your computer.
And before you scan anything make sure that your modified "host" file is excluded from scaning, otherwise MB will recognize and make problems to you.
Make sure that you follow every step in "Readme" file :)
 

eyzf3

New Member
Sep 21, 2017
1
0
hi. the same happen to me. i follow the step installation.. the software is running but is in free version not premium
 

gdiamond

New Member
Jan 29, 2018
1
0
Clean install, follow instructions, and then instead of running step two, download and install new version of Malwarebytes. Worked for me. :) Thanks Tech-tools team!
 

arkashia

New Member
Jun 6, 2018
1
0
http://prntscr.com/jrjby8
i did what gdiamond says and it works. still premium after restart.
QUESTION: is this normal? (http://prntscr.com/jrjby8) it pops up everytime i open the app.
 

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Owner
Aug 18, 2010
12,484
8,910
arkashia post_id=100648 time=1528280611 user_id=168382 said:
http://prntscr.com/jrjby8
i did what gdiamond says and it works. still premium after restart.
QUESTION: is this normal? (http://prntscr.com/jrjby8) it pops up everytime i open the app.

Yep, it is normal, software will work fine, just will pop-up this message.
 

Online statistics

Members online
2
Guests online
98
Total visitors
100
Top