• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

MicroSD Card Write-Protection

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Ohhenry97

Jun 12, 2020
I have a micro SD card which suddenly says it is write-protected. I made sure the small tab on the side was in the proper position. I also tried the disk part method but it had no effect on the read only status. Sonneriesgratuite.com

I see there's another possible solution by editing the registry, but I'm worried that that would apply to all drives. Any suggestions? I don't want to erase all the files on the drive.

And I tried 2 different adapters, which work on another SD card.
nokia ringtone: https://sonneriesgratuite.com/nokia/
Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a micro SD card which suddenly says it is write-protected. I made sure the small tab on the side was in the proper position. I also tried the disk part method but it had no effect on the read only status.

I see there's another possible solution by editing the registry, but I'm worried that that would apply to all drives. Any suggestions? I don't want to erase all the files on the drive.

And I tried 2 different adapters, which work on another SD card.

Thanks.
You may be dealing with an impending device failure. Here's a trick I learned that works on stubborn flash drives but I see no reason why it shouldn't work for your card.

I'll warn you in advance that if your card is on the way out an aggressive program like this one may speed the process. Does the card manufacturer offer any support software? If not it might be worth taking a peek at the card's condition first with Crystal Disk or a similar program.

So give this a try:
It has saved many flash memory drives headed for the recycling bin. No registry settings need to be disturbed.

Honestly most times when I encounter cards acting like this it's usually due to an impending hardware failure although there are exceptions for sure. Good luck!

Back