• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Missing boot mgr to missing os

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Storm210

Jun 13, 2012
So this issue started with a missing boot manger. I followed some tips on a few sites and begin getting a missing os screen now. I am cureently armed with a Windows 7 64bit repair disk (downloaded from pb) and the Thumperdc Windows 7 install cd. I have changed my BIOS settings to boot from disk
When I insert the recovery disk this is what happens:
1. after the "boot from cd/dvd" screen I get System Recovery Options; Here I select english
2. The next screen The first option is : Use recovery tool that can help fix problems starting window. Select an Operating System to Repair. If your operating system isn't listed, click load drivers then install drivers for your hard disk. The box below this has no OS listed. The Second Option is: Restore your computer using a system image that you created earlier. I do not have an image on a cd :(
3. I click next it tells me no image found then goes to the screen that gives me " choose a recovery tool" Options here are:
a. Start up Repair: Automatically fix problems that are preventing windows from starting
b. System Restore: Restore Windows to an earlier point in time
c. System Image Recovery: recover using system image
d. Windows memory diagnostic
e. Command Prompt

This is where I am stuck anyone with some sage advice and direction your help would be greatly appreciated. :bebendoceva:

I dont have idea whats wrong with your PC/CD/Win7 ... i have used my windows 7 uploaded by me and worked GREAT.

Back