Windows 10 Mouse click move delay timer

jamvaru

Jun 23, 2012
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 76.0.3950.0
Not sure what to title this. I'm looking for a registry modification that increases the amount of movement allowed before windows no longer registers a click as a click and instead is a click/move. IDK.
The problem I have is that when I click sometimes it isn't a click because I moved my mouse by one pixel.
I'm figuring that there is a setting that adjusts this tolerance. HELP.

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Owner
Aug 18, 2010
New Zealand
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 79.0.3945.79
Not sure what to title this. I'm looking for a registry modification that increases the amount of movement allowed before windows no longer registers a click as a click and instead is a click/move. IDK.
The problem I have is that when I click sometimes it isn't a click because I moved my mouse by one pixel.
Hi,

When this problem started happening?
Tried with different USB port?
Tried with different mouse?

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 78.0.3904.108
Just to let you know I have been pondering this. There are software solutions that deal with this. I am thinking about the trackpad software used for laptops, there are desktop software programs as well. I would think that to accommodate ADA M/S must have some sort of settings available no matter how hidden. I know you already have tried this so I take it slowing down click response time in the mouse settings doesn't help. Let me keep thinking about this I have just been wicked busy at this time of year.

Reactions: ThumperTM

jamvaru

Jun 23, 2012
OS
Windows 10
BR
Edge 18.18362
It seems like I used to know this but maybe it was something else. Couldn't find anything online about it. It may be that it just isn't a thing. But it should be. It has been a problem basically since windows 10 as far as I can remember. I do know that I never had a problem with it. It is mostly fine when I'm not being lazy, like using the computer from my bed half asleep, laying down. But even when alert and upright I sometimes find that I click and nothing happens. Then I click again and it goes. It seems like it must be because I slightly moved my mouse when I clicked so Windows thinks I'm not really clicking but click-dragging, which of course does nothing on an OK button, or any button/clicky.
So, I figure that there must be a sensitivity setting in the Registry. I can't find it in 'mouse settings'. There is a double click sensitivity, but not a single click sensitivity.
It could be related to click-drag sensitivity. So if you are motionless when clicking then it just sees a click, but if you are moving between pressing and unpressing the mouse button then it is a click drag. So how many pixels must you move before Windows thinks you are not clicking but click-dragging?
Anyway... maybe that helps. I'm stumped. But I'll try to look up click-drag in Registry myself. Frankly I find Registry to be ridiculous. Lol.
Thanks.

(also, I have a more sensitive mouse now so maybe that is part of it?)

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 79.0.3945.79
(also, I have a more sensitive mouse now so maybe that is part of it?)
I ran across something in effect to what you were asking today at work. It's not as simple as a single registry value or so this post had me believe. I'll look through my history Thursday and post a link if I can find it.

jamvaru

Jun 23, 2012
OS
Windows 10
BR
Edge 18.18362
Does anybody else have the problem of clicking something and nothing happening? So you click again and it works. Goofy windows.

Latest posts