• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Nero 2016

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

dazzasayshi

Sep 27, 2015
Hi guys I wonder if any one can give me some help.

I downloaded the above from rarbg and followed the instructions to the letter.

However nero 2016 will not launch..the icon is there but it doesnt launch when pressed.

I have tried messing around with firewalls etc on avg2015 and even disabled avg totally but it will not launch..I have installed it about 3/4 times now but still problem exists?

Any help would be appreciated

Darren

these were the instructions

Instructions:
1) Stop the application if started
2) Install application using provided installer and do not reboot
3) Use serial provided
4) Install content
5) Use patch file
DONE!

sorry your having same problem mate..it did launch first time when i didnt patch it but that of course means you cant use it as it tries to connect to nero...i wonder if the patching has something to do with problem?

Exact same thing happened to me. (I think I replied to you on rarbg). It opened once and that was it. I think it may be a patch issue also. If I figure it out, I will be sure to post what I found.

BTW, I'm running the pre-activated 32bit Thumper version of Windows 10

ive just tried it again it opens before i patch it then when i patch it it doesnt :( yeh if u find any more info mate be sure to post it!

dazzasayshi,

I left the program in the same non loading condition that it was in the last time that I posted. Just for the hell of it, I ran the patch again. (I didn't reinstall, I simply ran the patch for a second time). There were messages in the patch box stating something about bad checksum or file not found...can't remember which, but it appears that it did repatch something because it is now working. I opened and closed it a dozen times and it opened each time. I didn't reboot yet to see if anything changes, but I will post if it DOESN'T work after reboot. Give it a try.

Thank you for that information mate I gave it up as a bad job..i already had nero 2014 and im angry with myself as i wanted to see what 2016 was like and with that not working i went back to 2014 and that doesnt work now neither haha..i will try what u say and get back to you..Thankyou for taking the time and trouble to post mate

sadly it did not work for me but thanx for trying to help...strangely i tried it on my laptop and that seemed to work! although i now have a modified nero installation detected although its letting me burn to disc ( for now) all very strange!! is yours still working?

Yes, still working. Sorry the retry on the patch didn't work for you. I wonder if that was what actually what made it work or if it was just a coincidence. I hope you get it working.

how strange..so from the first time you applied the patch to the 2nd u didnt do anything else? thankyou for trying to help

No. I did nothing between patching. It wouldn't load after I patched it the first time. I left the program in that condition while looking for an answer to the problem. I applied the patch again for no logical reason...and the program then opened and has been working since. I burned a DVD moments ago and it worked fine. I wish I knew exactly why it started working. I wish I could be more help. I really thought that the second patch application was the answer even though it made no sense.

Glad its still working for you how strange I have disabled all firewalls and programmes that should allow it through if it was that..i will keep perservering..just as a matter of interest what anti virus programme do u have ? Thankyou for your continued interest in trying to help..it seems all these get released by the techo geeks but not one of them seems to want to help when it doesnt work

Hi mate just to let you know I have had a breakthrough..i watched a tutorial on another site and it gave me another step..once nero 2016 was installed to go into the control centre and delete any other nero files..i had 2014 trial key set up in there..i deleted it closed it down did the patch and hey presto it opened!! fingers crossed all looks ok :) how u getting on?

Glad you found an answer. Maybe it finally worked for me because I didn't have any other Nero versions installed prior. New version is still working fine. I hope that between the two of us, someone else may have solved their problems also. There doesn't seem to be much support from this group...but considering that we aren't paying for the software, I guess we can't bitch about it. Take it easy...

actually i spoke too soon haha..i am getting a message that nero has been modified after burning about 10 discs maybe...u getting any kind of error? for a couple of discs afterwards it lets me keep burning but then i have to close the programme and it wont reopen again without re installing lol

I'll let you know. Last night I wiped the Windows 10 32bit drive and installed the 64 bit version that was released. I'll try reinstalling Nero tonight or tomorrow. I only burned 2 or 3 discs and everything worked fine. Didn't think about what might happen if I got to 10. You sound like me when it comes to getting these progs to work. I could have easily just cut bait and went back to a prior version of Nero...but I HAD to get it working. Not sure if it's the challenge or an obsession. Fun and aggravating at the same time. Sounds like my marriage.

Haha mine too mate! while im trying to sort nero out my other half is probably spending the money im saving on this and more! haha..since i reinstalled nero i continue to get the modified message but at the moment it continues to allow me to burn discs...so i guess its a wait and see situation..how did u get on?

Installed Nero again after a clean install of Windows 10 64 bit. I followed the directions exactly as I did last time. No problems with it this time. Did not get to the point where I felt the need to run the patch for a second time as I did earlier. It has been working fine for 4 days with no issues. I would bet that there is something residual left over from an older version that is causing this problem for you....but I have been wrong so many times over the years that I am certainly not going to pretend to be an expert.

jbuford said:
Installed Nero again after a clean install of Windows 10 64 bit. I followed the directions exactly as I did last time. No problems with it this time. Did not get to the point where I felt the need to run the patch for a second time as I did earlier. It has been working fine for 4 days with no issues. I would bet that there is something residual left over from an older version that is causing this problem for you....but I have been wrong so many times over the years that I am certainly not going to pretend to be an expert.

Glad to hear it that you fixed ;)

Back