• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

New HP Pro x360 Fortis designed for working and learning at home, school and anywhere else

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

TWF Bot

Staff member
Nov 29, 2020
The newest addition to the HP Fortis PC portfolio is aimed at helping students and workers collaborate better, no matter where they are, with a durable and powerful Windows 11 laptop.
HP Pro x360 Fortis G11 Tablet
The HP Pro x360 Fortis 11-inch G11 Notebook PC comes with Intel N100 and N200 processors. To help you stay connected, even in crowded wireless networks, it also has an Intel Wi-Fi 6E WLAN module, which supports HP Extended Range Wireless LAN and Multiple-Input Multiple-Output, a wireless technology that uses multiple transmitters and receivers to enhance data transfer. (MIMO requires a MU-MIMO router, sold separately.) Recognizing that working and learning on-the-go may result in accidental bumps and falls, this PC has gone through military-grade testing to withstand drops, dust and tumbles. It also features an enhanced anchored skirt keyboard that resists spills of up to 11.8 ounces.
HP Pro x360 Fortis 11 inch G11 laying flat
The PC also includes a 360-degree hinge and interactive touchscreen. Students and workers who prefer using a digital pen can add an optional HP Slim Rechargeable Pen to take notes, draw and edit. Windows has been reimagined for a new era of digital learning. Affordable Windows 11 devices like this help educators unlock the full potential of every student, giving them powerful tools to learn, collaborate and create in a secure and trusted environment. The new HP Pro x360 Fortis is expected to be available this month for $479. Find out more at HP.

Continue reading...

My first laptop was a HP given to me by the guy who owned the company I would end up working at for 16 years. It was a customer return, the company got all of them back then. It had a bad heatsink, the gas in the tubing had leaked out.
Hp laptops were nothing to get excited about and maybe the past 5-6 years ago turned into junk. Carly Fiorina pretty much drove them over the cliff. I had a bunch of Jornada's. They were surprisingly robust, just an idea that never caught on. It was an early attempt of convergence with the hardware available at the time. Unfortunately that project turned out to be a black hole for HP's cash they invested. Good idea that eventually caught on in the form of smart phones. That said, let's see how these hold up.
I see that primary schools have dumped Apple and Windows products for Chromebooks making this HP offering insignificant. The decision was made mostly by economics. Chromebooks are good enough to get the job done. Kids are hell on the systems the schools hand them. I used to have parents show up at the repair counters with tortured school systems. Windows have already slipped into the same cervices that Apple is headed, Meh. I am really glad I am not raising a child in today's Internet climate too. I honestly wouldn't know how to do it.

Back