• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

No password for "inherited" computer

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

BeckJohn21

Jul 19, 2022
HELP!
I have "inherited" a computer. I have no password or pin for it.
It tells me I have entered the wrong pin too many times and then it says
to enter "A1B2C3".
I did that. Then it gives me the option to change the pin.
I tried to do that but it then asks me the password for the prior owners email account.
I do not have it. (unfortunately the prior owner died and left no info for the computer)
I can not reinstall windows because it will not boot from the dvd disk.
What can I do?

What type of system are we talking about? Desktop or laptop, make and model is important to know if we are to proceed.
I should have mentioned there are a few different software solutions to reset passwords on Windows accounts. BIOS passwords on laptops are a whole different story and nothing like most desktop systems.

Last edited:
What type of system are we talking about? Desktop or laptop, make and model is important to know if we are to proceed.
I should have mentioned there are a few different software solutions to reset passwords on Windows accounts. BIOS passwords on laptops are a whole different story and nothing like most desktop systems.
Yes, the user should provide maker and model.

@BeckJohn21
Try searching on YOUTUBE

Back