• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Office 2016 pro activator solution for error code 0xc004F074

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

aylaflowers

Oct 26, 2015
I got this error code (0xc004F074) using KMSauto while trying to activate office 2016 x64. I found a solution. I have windows 7 64x so I used the 968912 update and then it activated perfectly. If you're having a similar problem visit this Microsoft support page and download the update that fits your system. Just wanted to put this out there in case someone was having a similar problem. Thanks so much for the download you guys are awesome! :D

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/974998

What if I'm getting this exception code on Windows 10 64x? Specifically, when I try to activate Office 2016 through the KMSAuto Net 2015 program, it says "Activation failed with exception code 0xc004F074. The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The Key Management Service (KMS) is unavailable."

Hi, probably a long shot but I have the MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM + Activator [TechTools.NET] version and just wondered if there are any step by step instructions to install this correctly? I have no idea what I'm doing :/
Thanks in advance

Activation failed with exception code 0xc004F074
The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated

Can anyone help me?

I also get this error message:

The program was unable to activate the product in Automatic Mode.
Now will attempt to set the GVLK key then it is necessary to repeat the activation again.
If activation fails, try to force the key for your product version: System tab, Installing GVLK key or Utilities tab, GVLK Product Keys and repeat the activation process.

I have tried to manually change this and it still doesn't work. I also selected the GVLK key for the 2016 version I have installed manually to see if that worked and it didn't. The instructions for this setup are non existent and I am trying everything from scratch, if someone can list step by step instructions that would be amazing. I have installed the setup64.exe version of office pro plus 2016 and this has worked but needs to be activated and it appears the activation with KMS is not working. Also, when I right click to open the KMS AutoNet.exe as administrator there is no option to open this as administrator?

connectme said:

Now will attempt to set the GVLK key then it is necessary to repeat the activation again.
If activation fails, try to force the key for your product version: System tab, Installing GVLK key or Utilities tab, GVLK Product Keys and repeat the activation process.

I have tried to manually change this and it still doesn't work. I also selected the GVLK key for the 2016 version I have installed manually to see if that worked and it didn't. The instructions for this setup are non existent and I am trying everything from scratch, if someone can list step by step instructions that would be amazing. I have installed the setup64.exe version of office pro plus 2016 and this has worked but needs to be activated and it appears the activation with KMS is not working. Also, when I right click to open the KMS AutoNet.exe as administrator there is no option to open this as administrator?

Any luck yet? Having the same problem.

zarred17 said:
connectme said:

Any luck yet? Having the same problem.

Hi Zarred17, I downloaded this instead and it worked straight away without any of the above nonsense: KMS Office Activator 2016 Ultimate 1.1

I know how you're feeling so I really hope it works for you like it did for me!

Back