• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Open Hardware Monitor 0.4.0 [Freeware]

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

ThumperTM

La Patróna
Aug 18, 2010
1IJes.png

If you have an interest in getting the most from your computer’s hardware, you may well have tried overclocking your system to gain a little extra performance without the need to upgrade your system. Pushing hardware beyond what it was designed to be used for is slightly dangerous and it is a good idea to keep an eye on temperature levels and other information about the components you have tweaked.

This is something that Open Hardware Monitor has been designed to help with. This easy to use, portable application makes it possible to monitor the status of all manner of hardware devices including your processor and hard drive so you can ensure that no damage is being caused to your expensive computer. If you are experimenting with overclocking, this information can help you to determine what settings it is safe for you to use.

The program can be configured to start automatically with Windows so you will always have the information you need to hand. Open Hardware Monitor makes use of SMART sensors to keep your informed of the temperature of your processor and hard drives as well as the state of your graphics card. When it comes to your processor, you can also monitor the bus and core speed as well as the overall load level.

If you would prefer not to use a standard program window to monitor your hardware, there is the option of adding a gadget to your desktop. To this you can add a number of different sensors so the information you are interested in is always to hand. The ability to view the data as a graph means that it is possible to monitor changes over time without having to manually make a note of previous levels.

Download Link:
Code:
http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/26678-open_hardware_monitor

Just saw that it's updated to 0.5.1.
A cool feature (that I didn't notice in 0.4.0) is that it now shows the processors wattage (At least for my i5).

Thanks I know this tool, but I am looking for kind of this one which can also monitor the temp of the extern memory

Back