• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Permissions Auditor Scanner - Free active directory/file and folder permissions tools

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

F

Fullyworked

Was looking for a good file/folder permissions auditing software to show clients who has access to different folders within their internal network, but couldn't find anything that was simple and free, while also showing the client a visual representation.
I ended up creating an app for viewing file and folder permissions. It's FREE and simple to use. Handy for system admins.
View who has access to what and what kind of access they have. View all permissions or use filters to limit what is shown.
To use this application, you will need to download Permissions Auditor Scanner, a FREE program that can be run on servers or desktop computers. Permissions Auditor Scanner allows you to scan a computer and export the data to view in FW Permissions Auditor. The file exported from Permissions Auditor Scanner is encrypted and can only be read by FW Permissions Auditor. Both programs are free. You will need the scanner program to create the data file. You will need the viewer to view the data file. You can download both the FREE Permissions Auditor Scanner and Permissions Auditor Viewer from LINK REMOVED
Let me know what you think.
There are also other apps available on the website.
Feel free to use and share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah where's the free? Kinda smells spammy.
OK I found the link to both. Now that I have a .pa file, what do I do with it? I live in PA and even I don't know.
Me thinks you need someone to aid in program documentation.
I kind of get the package you are trying to sell at a very reasonable price but between the freeware already available and the "other" stuff this might be a bad place to advertise. I get that you wrote all this stuff but in many cases it looks like you are re-inventing the wheel if you don't mind me saying.

Last edited:
Back