• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Photoshop CS6 File Placement Help

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

dreamer4life

May 31, 2012
Hi I am pretty new to all this, but am in dire need oh almost every Creative Suite program because I do graphic design. I decided to start with Photoshop.

I downloaded the Photoshop CS6 Portable RAR files, extraxted them etc . . .

Everything seems to work fine, a little slow but fine. I reset the features from Arabic, to Western, blah blah.

Problem . . .

All of the files, Adobe Photoshop, Fonts, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Photo Shop Folder (With random stuff in in), Adobe Extension Manager, Adobe Extended Toolkit . . . Remain in my downloads area.

I know that they should be in various places on my C drive. I want to be able to download new textures, new fonts, extra brushes and such to work on my projects. With regular or trial versions of PS, there are always folders to put the brushes, textures and fonts into, and everything is withing the C drive.

Right now all of these files and the applications themselves are still in the "Downloads" folder.

Can someone please, please, Please, tell me where I should be copying them too, so it is just like I have photoshop normally. That is all I really want. A normal version of Photoshop n which I can add fonts, brushes, patterns, everything and anything I want.

I am usually a computer geek, but with this I feel like a total idiot, because nothing is what it seems.

I appreciate any advice/ help ;)

Hello sir,

Are you using my "adobe photoshop 6 protable version" ?

^^ i was using it and was working great :)

Yes I am. And it does work great. I just need to know where to move the files and applications to once they have been downloaded, so that they are accesable from my computer. Right now they are still just "Downloads". I think the RAR extracter just extracted them to the wrong spot.

I also want to make sure that I can add fonts, patterns, brushes etc to it.

Usually when you have Photoshop on your computer/laptop from the C drive you go into program files, and there should be an Adobe one, then from that a Photoshop one and that has everything. I am not totally sure if I have the placements right, but I know from having trial versions that everything should be somewhere in the C drive...

Yes I am. And it does work great. I just need to know where to move the files and applications to once they have been downloaded
You mean files and apps of Adobe photoshot 6 protable? If yes you can let these files anywhere no problem with it.

I also want to make sure that I can add fonts, patterns, brushes etc to it.
Sorry, i dont have idea coz i dont use Adobe photoshop to much :(

Usually when you have Photoshop on your computer/laptop from the C drive you go into program files, and there should be an Adobe one, then from that a Photoshop one and that has everything. I am not totally sure if I have the placements right, but I know from having trial versions that everything should be somewhere in the C drive...
Not sure what's exactly your question... if you are talking about adobo photoshop PORTABLE version you can let files everywhere.. ;)

I can't figure this out either. I have patterns that won't work to "load" in the typical manner via the "Load Patterns..." dialog & I don't see anywhere that any .pat files already exist in the portable's file system. I tried creating a \Presets\Patterns\ folder & placing the .pat files there - beneath "Adobe" on the same level as "Plugins" (this location because the only "regular" Photoshop I had has it there, kind-of) but that didn't work. Not sure where it's looking to load this stuff (or if you are just unable to load presets in this portable).

Latest posts

Back