• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.1515 to the Release Preview Channel

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

TWF Bot

Staff member
Nov 29, 2020
Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.1515 (KB5019274) to Insiders in the Release Preview Channel on Windows 11 (original release). This update includes the following improvements:
  • New! We combined Windows Spotlight with Themes on the Personalization page. This made it easier for you to discover and turn on the Windows Spotlight feature.
  • New! We improved the Microsoft Account experience in Settings. For example, you could manage OneDrive subscriptions and storage alerts.
  • New! We provide the full amount of storage capacity of all your OneDrive subscriptions. It also displayed the total storage on the Accounts page in the Settings app.
  • New! We displayed storage alerts for Microsoft OneDrive subscribers on the Systems page in the Settings app. The alerts appeared when you were close to your storage limit. You could also manage your storage and purchase additional storage, if needed.
  • New! We displayed Xbox subscription details on the Accounts page in the Settings app. Xbox subscribers could also manage their subscription on that page. Users who are not subscribers could explore Xbox subscription options on the Accounts page
  • We fixed an issue that affected searchindexer.exe. It randomly stopped you from signing in or signing out.
  • We fixed an issue that stopped you from searching for a file based on the file’s contents.
  • We fixed a resource conflict issue between two or more threads (known as a deadlock). This deadlock affected COM+ applications.
  • We fixed an issue that affected conhost.exe. It stopped responding.
  • We fixed an issue that affected some modern applications. This issue stopped them from opening.
  • We fixed an issue that affected the Domain Name System (DNS) suffix search list. When you configured it, the parent domain might have been missing.
  • We added support for long URL lengths of up to 8196 characters.
  • We fixed an issue that might have occurred when the Input Method Editor (IME) was active. Applications might have stopped responding when you used the mouse and keyboard at the same time.
  • We fixed an issue that might have affected FindWindow() or FindWindowEx(). They might have returned the wrong window handle.
  • We fixed an issue that damaged memory. The issue occurred when you used certain HD audio controller hardware.
  • We fixed an issue that affected certain systems that had firmware Trusted Platform Modules. (TPM). This issue stopped you from using AutoPilot to set up those systems.
  • We fixed an issue that affected printing in landscape mode in Microsoft Edge. The print output was incorrect. This issue occurred when you used Microsoft Defender Application Guard.
  • We fixed an issue the stopped the touch keyboard from opening.
  • We fixed an issue that stopped explorer.exe from responding. This issue occurred when you used the play and pause buttons on your keyboard on certain devices.
  • We fixed an issue that affected Windows Server 2022 domain controllers. They stopped responding when they managed Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) requests.
  • We fixed an issue that affected the Resilient File System (ReFS) MSba tag. The issue caused a nonpaged pool leak.
  • We fixed an issue that affected ReFS. The issue caused high nonpaged pool usage, which depleted system memory.
Thanks, Windows Insider Program Team

Continue reading...

I have to say update Tuesdays have now become a weekly thing, it grew quite quiet for some time. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Seems like it's a pattern of release some new features then spend a month or two patching up all the security and performance bugs the new features brought with them. I have no idea how the average user is reacting to the new features. I guess it's in the name of M/S trying to turn Windows into a true cross-platform O/S with common features. Personally I miss the ease of access to the advanced Windows controls that have been stowed away to unclutter the GUI (I suppose). Thankfully there is plenty of third parties out there devising ways to return the usefulness that (in least from my perspective) Windows had.
I am not sure what the unwillingness of Windows to adopt a more useful adaptation to a Android/ IOS type App structure. It has certainly shut Windows users out of many of the newer Android software that manages intranetworking devices. This is where M/S has missed the mark and the divide between the IOS / Android phone tablet environment that continues to grow. With the advent of 5G bandwidth to these other devices and how cloud driven DaaS and even SaaS although Windows has adopted a SaaS environment to some extent, this will make the distance between device capabilities much smaller and raw computing power outside of gaming and video editing a moot point.

DaaS defined
SaaS Directly from the Horse's (Microsoft) mouth

Back