What's new

Repair damaged Windows registry hive files

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

agalloway

Jul 20, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.164
Hi,

I constantly get computers that have windows registry hive files damaged (system32\config\ SOFTWARE; DEFAULT; SECURITY...)
fix registry errors Windows 10
I just found the "Recovery Toolbox for Registry" application, tested and it seems that it is able to fix the damaged files however, it's a paid software.

Maybe the software has a different name? I have seen a lot of recovery software resold by different names.

Does anybody know any alternatives? or a way to fix registry hive files?

Just please don't suggest regback, system restore, sfc or dism scans. regback is disabled now by default, system restore never has restore points, sfc and dism dont do anything

hacxx

May 29, 2021
OS
Windows 8.1
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.77
I used to use a software called RegRun that had a registry fix option.
It's now called UnHackMe and has a trial version with all the features...

UnHackMe 30 day trial

Also i have use System mechanic 3.5f
Check your pm box

Last edited:

philalethes

Donator
Jul 1, 2020
OS
Windows 7
BR
Firefox 76.0
you can find Unhackme on crackingpatching

Last edited by a moderator:

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 92.0.4515.107
Hi,

I constantly get computers that have windows registry hive files damaged (system32\config\ SOFTWARE; DEFAULT; SECURITY...)
fix registry errors Windows 10
I just found the "Recovery Toolbox for Registry" application, tested and it seems that it is able to fix the damaged files however, it's a paid software.

Maybe the software has a different name? I have seen a lot of recovery software resold by different names.

Does anybody know any alternatives? or a way to fix registry hive files?

Just please don't suggest regback, system restore, sfc or dism scans. regback is disabled now by default, system restore never has restore points, sfc and dism dont do anything
Holy F who's computers are you working on? In the 16 years I have been in retail and commercial IT I don't think I ever ran into that problem. I would tend to think it's indicative of something far more serious. Do you ever determine the root cause of all these corrupt registries?
Seems like patching up those registries is just putting a band-aid on something far more serious.
Please tell me more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors