• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Restart your computer

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Shed Man

Dec 23, 2020
I re-installed Windows 10 about 6 weeks ago, it was an old copy of Windows 10 but now 6 or 7 weeks later it keeps telling me to restart my computer, any ideas why.

Yes I have, and when it is finished rebooting, within about 20 seconds it repeats itself again. The machine is working very well, everything is quick and no issues at all but it is making me wonder?

On another note, what do you think the best way to do a "image" file of ones computer? I have tried Windows own Update and Security that it has in settings but it failed to work.

First it sounds like something corrupted the new install of Win 10. Second if you think it's ok, try to run the latest manual update from M/S . If that works you should be fine from there. If it fails followed by a long clean up, your current install is more than likely bad.

Back