• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

T-Mobile Misleads Home Internet Customers, Employees Say

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Well I got ahold of a Pixel 5G phone at a steal from Google Fi, just like my last phone. Deal was I keep the phone on Google Fi service for 120 days. My plan was to port over to Tello a MVNO of T-Mobile, they have an unlimited 5G plan for $26 a month or so. I haven't used any mobile data on the phone with Google, it's $10/GB which is bullsh!t.
Now I am reading that 5G on Tello is No Bueno which makes sense since as a MVNO you are always in line for the towers T-Mobile's bandwidth. So there are alternatives which I am looking at as my phone become eligible next week.
What gives me a chuckle is this is yet an example of help desk script monkeys and how they are encouraged to lie by their employer indirectly. FedEx Ground delivery pulls somewhat the same stunts by their 3rd party subcontractors that drive the last mile to deliver to your residence with a slew of "It wasn't my fault it didn't get delivered" excuses. Bad idea since the consumers reading those lame responses piss the customers off although they don't count as demerits against the subcontractors performance and it looks great to the C level managers.
Tom's Hardware Article

Back