• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Tricks to convert video without losing quality

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

myheartbroken

Nov 22, 2013

I understand that it is necessary to take some conversion jobs, especially when the player doesn't support the current video formats. When you convert a HD video, it's an annoying thing if the video distorted after conversion. To convert video without losing quality, you'd better learn some knowledge about video format.

Among all of formats, there exist lossy and lossless formats. That is to say, you should choose target format as lossless format if possible. For example, the video will lose some quality if you convert it to AVI because AVI is a lossy format. 3GP has low quality and resolution by default, so that's not an ideal format. If you don't mind the converted video get a larger size, I support for MP4 and WMV.

It's time to select a practical video converter now, the one I like is Video Download Capture. Let's see how it works.

format-factory_3.jpg

After installation, run it on your desktop. Tab Convert to activate the video converter. Drop the video files to it and click Profile bar, decide what format you want to convert to. As I just introduced, we can choose a format like MP4. All right, hit to MP4—Same as source. Customize output folder as you like and begin converting. This video converter is good at keeping video quality, the quality won't be degraded after converting.

Tips: The program can convert multiple videos simultaneously, don't forget to use this feature.

Of course, there are various ways of converting video without losing quality. Try good converters like Format Factory, HandBrake and etc.

:) :) :)
myheartbroken post_id=84671 time=1385086585 user_id=61111 said:

I understand that it is necessary to take some conversion jobs, especially when the player doesn't support the current video formats. When you convert a HD video, it's an annoying thing if the video distorted after conversion. To convert video without losing quality, you'd better learn some knowledge about video format.

Among all of formats, there exist lossy and lossless formats. That is to say, you should choose target format as lossless format if possible. For example, the video will lose some quality if you convert it to AVI because AVI is a lossy format. 3GP has low quality and resolution by default, so that's not an ideal format. If you don't mind the converted video get a larger size, I support for MP4 and WMV.

It's time to select a practical video converter now, the one I like is Video Download Capture. Let's see how it works.

format-factory_3.jpg

After installation, run it on your desktop. Tab Convert to activate the video converter. Drop the video files to it and click Profile bar, decide what format you want to convert to. As I just introduced, we can choose a format like MP4. All right, hit to MP4—Same as source. Customize output folder as you like and begin converting. This video converter is good at keeping video quality, the quality won't be degraded after converting.

Tips: The program can convert multiple videos simultaneously, don't forget to use this feature.

Of course, there are various ways of converting video without losing quality. Try good converters like Format Factory, HandBrake and etc.

any idea how to convert protected cd to flash? i have Russian language cds, my new car doesn't have a player. I have tried the copy paste, doesn't work...any thoughts?

any idea how to convert protected cd to flash? i have Russian language cds, my new car doesn't have a player. I have tried the copy paste, doesn't work...any thoughts?
Try using a blind CD copier to produce an ISO. Then use Rufus to move the ISO to a USB stick. Usually the trick is the copy protection is burned onto the CD and normal copy methods don't work as the copy protection is out of bounds for a normal CD. The program in question is looking for an error return of some sort from the CD reader when forced to look at the abnormal sector(s) is what I have found in the past

Please ignore all of tolikkk's posts and do not follow any links provided.

Back