• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Uninstall or remove apps and programs in Windows

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

No... it does not.

Think of an uninstall as "yanking" a sapling" out of the ground... leaving behind a lot of tiny traces...

No uninstaller removes all the tiny roots, and simply uproots the tree... leaving all the tiny things buried.

For example... there will be remnants in APPDATA roaming, local and local low as well as in the registry hives that do not get cleaned up.

Additionally, the app might be installed in a host folder... like PhotoShop getting installed in an Adobe folder, and the Adobe folders might get removed, but there will be numerous Adobe folders still buried in the "earth" (OS) that remain behind, wasting space.

Your Uninstaller Pro removes all the registry hives, better than Revo.

I used to swear by Revo until I stumbled across YUP and performed some registry contrast comparison tests after removal.

Revo did not remove all the registry entries in the registry hives, but YUP did... 100%.

Also, I use Everything Search (window opened) when uninstalling, and after the uninstall is complete, Everything Search shows me all the remnants in the local OS that I can delete, rendering the uninstall complete, with no leftovers.

For nasty DLL hook files that won't be deleted, I use the free APP, Iobit Unlocker... which, if it can't delete, will give me a popup asking me if I want the item to be deleted at t he next reboot, and it does, indeed do this.

Additionally, I have learnt that when the APP's uninstaller tells me I have to reboot, I reject and let YUP finish its business, and proceed with the steps above.

Also, check "services" to disable any services the app may have running, prior to uninstall.

MAKE A RESTORE POINT as well to prevent having to reinstall the APP just to start over again for a complete uninstall, instead of searching for bits and pieces of the remnants of a poorly processed uninstall.

I have found that when I install an APP that does not require a reboot, but when uninstalling it, it asks for a reboot, that this is dodgy, and I do not trust another person's APP to fiddle with my system on a reboot, and I'll delete it myself manually, thank you.

Well... these are simply a few of my thoughts and views and suggestion, etc.

Kind regards to all, otherwise...

Back