• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Urgent Help please..

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

mook777

Feb 20, 2023
After using windows 7 for long it seems to have crashed and I need to re install windows.
I loved windows 7 and I think it was the best windows ever. I actually installed windows 10 once but it made my pc so slow with all the downloads and all that I re installed win 7 again..
My question is which windows 10 should I install on PC, that is fast and seamless like windows 7? How about win 11?
Also can I install it with a pendrive and rufus?

Thanks in Advance..

How much RAM have you installed on your system? I hope it's 64 bit too. If at all possible 8GB of RAM is ideal, 4GB RAM is the minimum acceptable amount. Yes you can install Windows 10 with a pen drive.
Windows 10 install w/Rufus.
That's pretty much it. There isn't all that much different under the hood between 7 and 10. The Pro versions of both have advanced networking capabilities. Windows 10 needs all that RAM for added features. If you don't like the Win 10 GUI you can always do a search for startisback at 1337x and change things as you wish.

How much RAM have you installed on your system? I hope it's 64 bit too. If at all possible 8GB of RAM is ideal, 4GB RAM is the minimum acceptable amount. Yes you can install Windows 10 with a pen drive.
Windows 10 install w/Rufus.
That's pretty much it. There isn't all that much different under the hood between 7 and 10. The Pro versions of both have advanced networking capabilities. Windows 10 needs all that RAM for added features. If you don't like the Win 10 GUI you can always do a search for startisback at 1337x and change things as you wish.
Thanks for the answer.
I have 8 gb ram installed.
What are your thoughts on TechTool's W10 sep 2015 version? Or would you recommend another one?
Also how about W11? Do you recommend installing W11 (V21996)?
Sorry If I'm not allowed to say those things here here..
Finally I really appreciate your help..
Thanks again..

Nothing wrong with your questions. A valid Win 7 COA (license) should get you the same version in Win 10. I always end up loading the OEM version and using either Revo or CCleaner to get rid of any unused Windows installed programs. Windows Defender is getting to be a pain so you may want to load up another product, with what is another debate other than it depends on your needs. Feel free to use Thumper’s Windows release although it’s getting old and no longer supported. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, that’s why the forum is here.

Hey Thanks.

Thumper’s Windows release although it’s getting old and no longer supported
What are the problems I may face when i install?

How about windows 11 build 21996.1 x64 + Activator, windows forum?

I am a poor guy and can't afford an oem or coa.

Cheers..

You can use KMS activator BUT here's the problem: Typically as soon as a fresh install of "windows 11 build 21996.1 x64 + Activator, windows forum" Windows Defender will trap and remove KMS before you have a chance to access the KMS activator. A quick and dirty work-around would be to build a USB drive toolkit from Portable Apps
Portable Apps Website
It's a poor man's Windows repair and maintenance site, everything there is free. Make sure you include CCleaner and Revo in your program list to build your personal USB toolkit.
Once you do that, run CCleaner on your brand new untouched, non-activated fresh Win 11 install. Uninstall all mentions of Windows Defender and Security. Only after that open the compressed file that contains KMS, follow the directions for Windows activation and you are good to go.
One last question: Is your Win 7 install legit? If so use a keyfinder program and use that key for your Win install and it should work avoiding the KMS routine.
Good luck.

Does the 'windows 11 build 21996.1 x64 + Activator, windows forum' version contain kms activator?
I don't have a legit w7 install. The last one was an ISO image downloaded from MS server activated by KMS activator and I installed it on both my PC and laptop. The w7 on my PC has crashed. I'm actually writing this from my laptop, which does indeed show a product ID.. Will that ID work on PC while installing 11?
Also I came upon something called massgrave scripts for Windows. Do they even work?
Thanks..

Last edited:
Back