uTorrentPatch [SpeedUP DL speed] 1.0

NickLAranda

Nov 6, 2018
California, USA
OS
Android
BR
Chrome Mobile 74.0.3729.157
Is this still needed when OpenSource programs like qBitTorrent are compiled for everything now?

uTorrent USED to be the best, but I've been steadily using qBitTorrent for many many years.

I think once we started seeing paid versions, ads and coin miners lol

ThumperTM

El Patrón
Owner
Aug 18, 2010
New Zealand
OS
OS X
BR
Chrome 74.0.3729.169
Is this still needed when OpenSource programs like qBitTorrent are compiled for everything now?

uTorrent USED to be the best, but I've been steadily using qBitTorrent for many many years.

I think once we started seeing paid versions, ads and coin miners lol
Been using uTorrent 2.2.1 last few years, also qBitorrent is stable.

Reactions: NickLAranda

NickLAranda

Nov 6, 2018
California, USA
OS
Android
BR
Chrome Mobile 74.0.3729.157
Been using uTorrent 2.2.1 last few years, also qBitorrent is stable.
Don't the ads annoy you?

Are you using systems that require the small footprint of uT versus qBT?

Does it really matter what I use? Couldn't I just for convenience install a browser extension?

I bet there's one that allows .torrent and magnet= links to be displayed inside the browser's download queue!

I'll have to look for that now?

ThumperTM

El Patrón
Owner
Aug 18, 2010
New Zealand
OS
OS X
BR
Chrome 74.0.3729.169
Don't the ads annoy you?

Are you using systems that require the small footprint of uT versus qBT?

Does it really matter what I use? Couldn't I just for convenience install a browser extension?

I bet there's one that allows .torrent and magnet= links to be displayed inside the browser's download queue!

I'll have to look for that now?
Utorrent v2.2.1 has no ads :)

Reactions: NickLAranda

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 75.0.3770.100
is the patch still working?
It appears so. I use it on v 3.5.5 with good results. It's not a magic bullet. I keep meaning to reverse engineer iteh patch to see what's what. Just guessing but it may be an optimising tweak that may change things beyond the parameters of the program but in a good way. Either way you can back it out 100% if you don't like the changes it made, so no worries. I also think results depend on the quality and speed of your ISP and/or your VPN.
Try it and give us your impressions piLoako.

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 7
BR
Chrome 75.0.3770.142
It appears so. I use it on v 3.5.5 with good results. It's not a magic bullet. I keep meaning to reverse engineer iteh patch to see what's what. Just guessing but it may be an optimising tweak that may change things beyond the parameters of the program but in a good way. Either way you can back it out 100% if you don't like the changes it made, so no worries. I also think results depend on the quality and speed of your ISP and/or your VPN.
Try it and give us your impressions piLoako.
Finally got around to taking a look at this patch. The guy who authored it has/is done some really brilliant work some around torrents. It just tweaks mainly one setting which may or may not speed things up. It might not make you a huge fan of your ISP or VPN carrier but such is life. No worries it does what it says it will.

Isaanbiker

Donator
Jun 8, 2019
Sisaket Thailand
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 75.0.3770.142
No idea what the problem was, but I had to delete it because it all in a sudden didn't download anymore.

It worked in the beginning, but when I clicked on a download it showed me that the download from a torrent site didn't exist?

Can somebody please explain that to me?

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 7
BR
Chrome 75.0.3770.142
No idea what the problem was, but I had to delete it because it all in a sudden didn't download anymore.

It worked in the beginning, but when I clicked on a download it showed me that the download from a torrent site didn't exist?

Can somebody please explain that to me?
It wasn't the patch per se. It doesn't have anything to do with the settings that could have done such a thing.
Something is messing with or corrupted/altered your DNS settings. I could possibly believe your amount of connections would cause your ISP to freeze your line but combined with the other symptoms that appears not to be the case. If you are using a VPN a free one in particular disconnect and delete any client software installed that allows use of that VPN. Use a good commercial uninstaller such as Revo. I wouldn't rely solely on the software's built-in uninstall settings. Hopefully that helps but you aren't done yet.

Here's the course of action I would take:
#1 Download and run Malwarebytes. See what it may pick up. Hopefully if you are infected it won't prevent the program from running.
#2 Just from a safety standpoint do a search for Open DNS settings. Change your default DNS to Open DNS. If you need further help with that come back and ask. Your search should yield you some good use instructions.

If you have any trouble following the above procedure things may have gotten pretty bad in your system. Again come back and the users here will help you sort it out.
-Good Luck

Reactions: ThumperTM
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0