• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Webroot 2012 v8.0.1.20

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Drivium

Dec 19, 2011
Not sure I've installed this right. The install instructions say to 1st "Install "Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete 2012".". However, it will not let me install without serial, which doesn't come until step 2. So I go ahead and skip to step 2 and grab serial, disable internet, enter serial, and click next. Tries to activate but can't because of no internet connection. Will not install without internet connection, so I re-enable internet. Then it proceeds and applies updates and installs. Then I close Webroot, turn off internet again, copy cracked file into directory, re-enable internet and reopen Webroot. It says my account is active and shows I have 1100 plus days to go, but after it scans it shows list of files it found and says "A cleanup license key is required to remove threats". I noticed if I leave the internet off, everything shows green (all features enabled) but as soon as I turn internet back on, certain features turn red.

Using windows xp sp3 (with all current updates). So Webroot currently doesn't have firewall, shield, or problem removal available right now. What did I do wrong and what should I do differently?

thank you!!

Back