• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

WhoCrashed Free Home Edition 7.01

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Hotrod369

VIP
May 31, 2021
WhoCrashed Free Home Edition offers you an easy-to-use way of finding out which drivers were responsible for your computer crashing.

In reality, most crashes are caused by malfunctioning device drivers and kernel modules. In the case of a kernel error, most computers running Windows do not show a blue screen unless configured. Instead, these systems suddenly reboot without any notice.

WhoCrashed shows the drivers who have been crashing your computer with a single click pinpointing the offending drivers. It will perform a post-mortem crashdump analysis and present all gathered information in an understandable way.

Version History for WhoCrashed Free Home Edition:
http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed_whatsnew.htm

• License not limited to use at home only
  • Crash dump analysis on remote computers on the network
  • Crash dump analysis of a local dump directory of your choice
  • More detailed analysis of crash dumps
  • Detailed dump information views
  • Uptime reports
  • Kernel stack traces with symbol resolution
  • Viewing list of loaded modules at the time of a crash dump
  • Symbol server and local symbol store support
  • Sorting on columns in information views
  • Options to fine-tune the behavior of WhoCrashed

1671615023194.png1671615051315.png1671615090287.png

Nice post Hotrod. I was not aware of this program, sounds like a great way to get yourself out of trouble quickly. The program does ID silent issues that cause spontaneous reboots, normally a b*tch to troubleshoot. Keep this one in your toolkit, it could save you a great deal of frustration.

(hint: many times reboots are caused by non-OEM video drivers including WHQL video drivers from Windows update, most often when you upgrade your O/S from what was included in your new system {I.E. Windows 7 -> Windows 10}).

Keep this one in your toolkit, it could save you a great deal of frustration.

I kept getting the BSOD last year and this app helped me figure out it was a bad stick of RAM. To get the most out of it make sure to let the BSOD do it's dump and restart on it's own for anyone out there having issues.

I've got a ton more useful apps like this one. I'll make sure they aren't already posted and share them.

Back