What's new

Win 10 won't recognise any mP3 players

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

celinaa

Aug 23, 2020
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 87.0.4280.88
I have a new tower with a new Win10...sorry but i hate it. Nothing works properly, it freezes all the time and won't recognise any MP3 players - all different ones. I had no such problem with Win7 at all...so why am i now please? I've followed so many instructions but nothing fixes it.
Any advice would be helpful.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 87.0.4280.88
Hmm. W/o more details I would suspect your sound card/on board sound system. So.....
How about some details. New tower doesn't really tell me much. Built for you then what make model is the motherboard? If it's an brand name prebuilt make/model?
Win 10 can have some problems with some sound cards/ on board systems. So usually a different driver can clear things up. Don't be hating Win 10 for something like this, it's got an easy solution.

kahosrebellion

Dec 23, 2020
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 84.0
Are you talking about physical mp3 players you put in your pocket? or music player programs you install on you computer?

If it is the music player programs, you need to change the default music player in the new windows 10 settings menu.

Attachments

• Instructions.png
    Instructions.png
    438.6 KB · Views: 2

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 87.0.4280.88
I went back and looked at the big picture here.
Nothing works properly, it freezes all the time and won't recognize any MP3 players - all different ones.
Who built this beauty for you? Freezing in a new build is either (not in order) hardware incompatibility, cooling, bad drivers (Did you or the builder do the lazy let Windows load the drivers? Never a good idea, get the OEM drivers in your case from the motherboard manufacturer and graphics card and sound card manufacturers if they are installed), inadequate power supply (not enough watts), or junk RAM.
For that matter what kind of Windows 10 is loaded? Did you do it yourself? Is it a pirate copy or a real OEM copy?
So to recap either it's a driver problem with your sound drivers being totally wrong. That would explain the freezing since all those drivers are loaded into RAM at all times. Wrong or poorly written drivers will collide with other drivers in RAM and most definitely cause freeze ups.
BTW for the record there are two things users call freeze ups. Most common are endless loops where a piece or code (you could call it a program) just gets stuck and keeps running over and over and takes over Windows or there is a collision of code that is held in RAM usually drivers. Think of this as a traffic accident causing road closure. Many times this will also give you the dreaded blue screen.
So if the builder did your Windows install it's probably better they start from the beginning and load OEM drivers rather than patch it up. That's the best place to start. If that doesn't help there is a listing on this forums for Medicat DVD which will give them all kinds of diagnostic programs to sort out any hardware issues should that be the problem. Portable apps is another good resource for diagnostic programs.

RodmanB

Aug 13, 2015
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 84.0
I have a new tower with a new Win10...sorry but i hate it. Nothing works properly, it freezes all the time and won't recognise any MP3 players - all different ones. I had no such problem with Win7 at all...so why am i now please? I've followed so many instructions but nothing fixes it.
Any advice would be helpful.
If you are that unhappy with Win10 just go back to Win7. I've had Win10 since the original upgrade and it's worked as well if not better than Win7. If Win10 frustrates, you then go back to what you're comfortable. Or, take a chill pill. Accept the fact that it is a different OS that you'll have to learn. If you switch to a Linux distribution you would have to learn it too. Life is full of options, trials, and tribulations