• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Win 11 update - Some settings are managed by your organization

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

LaszloTx

Oct 14, 2021
Newbie here. Not much of an experienced Windows user. Can anyone provide some easy instructions to get around this so I can install Win 11 from the online update. This laptop is an educational Dell Latitude model 3350. It was never deployed and sold as surplus.

windows update policies.jpg

Just wipe the drive and start fresh.
It's simple enough and there is no reason to start messing around with the registry. I am really surprised the system was sold with the school's windows image, that's kind of a no-no as a former e-steward e-recycler. Schools are usually careful about disposing of their used systems. Anyway I doubt there's much to save, you can always use some key finder software if there's some software you want to attempt to save.

Just wipe the drive and start fresh.
It's simple enough and there is no reason to start messing around with the registry. I am really surprised the system was sold with the school's windows image, that's kind of a no-no as a former e-steward e-recycler. Schools are usually careful about disposing of their used systems. Anyway I doubt there's much to save, you can always use some key finder software if there's some software you want to attempt to save.
I totally agree with you

Latest posts

Back