• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Win XP Home Ed Boot Problem

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

seashells

Mar 30, 2012
Hi everyone

Forgive me If I'm not in the right forum, this was the nearest I could find.

On booting my PC is acting strange, the monitor stays dark, power led stays dark (normal green when on & active) and I can hear when it reaches the desktop and certain apps start up (Skype ete) via sound effects but the monitor stays dark! I move the USB mouse around & tap keyboard keys but nothing happens. Take a few minutes before it does suddenly display, without any input from me. The power settings I've checked, I have it set Power on Always for ALL options & Hibernation is OFF.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2047 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON 9200 SERIES, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 38193 MB, Free - 14312 MB; D: Total - 610328 MB, Free - 196168 MB; F: Total - 117232 MB, Free - 81297 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-8S661FXM-775

Any ideas welcome :icon_wink:

thumper said:
Would be better to post dark color screen?
Hi sorry I don't understand the reply, are you taking re my post or my monitor? Anyway have ditched the monitor so thanks anyhow. I was cleaning it and "I think" pressed too hard heard a "pop" and it went dark! Pretty sure that buggered it! :O Good thing I had a spare! :)

Back