What's new

Win XP Home Ed Boot Problem

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

seashells

Mar 30, 2012
Hi everyone

Forgive me If I'm not in the right forum, this was the nearest I could find.

On booting my PC is acting strange, the monitor stays dark, power led stays dark (normal green when on & active) and I can hear when it reaches the desktop and certain apps start up (Skype ete) via sound effects but the monitor stays dark! I move the USB mouse around & tap keyboard keys but nothing happens. Take a few minutes before it does suddenly display, without any input from me. The power settings I've checked, I have it set Power on Always for ALL options & Hibernation is OFF.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2047 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON 9200 SERIES, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 38193 MB, Free - 14312 MB; D: Total - 610328 MB, Free - 196168 MB; F: Total - 117232 MB, Free - 81297 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-8S661FXM-775

Any ideas welcome :icon_wink:

seashells

Mar 30, 2012
thumper said:
Would be better to post dark color screen?
Hi sorry I don't understand the reply, are you taking re my post or my monitor? Anyway have ditched the monitor so thanks anyhow. I was cleaning it and "I think" pressed too hard heard a "pop" and it went dark! Pretty sure that buggered it! :O Good thing I had a spare! :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Issue between Win 10 update and Google Chrome Windows 10 Help and Support 1
W EFI partition size - please help after clean install Win 10 for Multiboot Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 5
DVDR_Dog What's Up With Win 10 Tablets? Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 8
DVDR_Dog Laptop Screen Freezing Win 10 Dual Graphics Systems Windows 10 Help and Support 7
R Best WIN 10 at the moment Windows 10 Help and Support 2
Mousewarp Win 7 Software Installer Headaches Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
DVDR_Dog Have You Installed Win 10 Optional Update KB4520062? Read This!!!!! Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software 1
DVDR_Dog Loading Windows 7 on Native Win 10 System Headache Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
D Tech Win 10 iso Windows 10 Help and Support 1
S How do I install MS Office Pro Plus 2016? It keeps trying to use Win 9 to unzip but not working... Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 1
O Win 10 Pro (x64) Oct,2o15 iso Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
C Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended v13 0 Portable WIN 8 problem Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 4
H Win 10 - PRO or Enterprise Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 5
S Making a bootable Win 7 DVD Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
P Make your internet faster (WIN 7,XP,Vista,) Tutorials 7
alpha1911 WinUSB Maker (Making bootable USB from Win ISO) Windows Apps 94
D Win XP Pro SP3 x86 June 2012 + Sata Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
I Win XP Crack VGA Issue Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
J Win 7 Torrent Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 5
B Can't Install Vista, Win 7 or Win 8 on this Dell? Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 3
britton03 Retail win 7 Loader Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 2
DVDR_Dog Ideas Wanted Home Server/Private Cloud Backup, Imaging, and Disk Management Help 5
WonderWoman Challenge upgrading from W10 Home insider preview to W10 Pro Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 15
E Windows 10 Seeking Help in Free upgradation of Windows 10 Home Single Language to Professional Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 7
P Office Home & Business Activation Windows Apps 12
DVDR_Dog Stuck at Home? Youtube Music & Videos 4
O Looking for a Tosh 600 Satellite Series Boot Disk/Iso For Wind 7 Home Prem 64bit? Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 3
C Windows 10 home de-activated with KMSauto net Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
P everest edition home to download free + serial Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 2
DVDR_Dog Microsoft confirms Windows 10 slow boot issue due to KB4559309 Windows 10 Help and Support 2
B Windows 8 boot up screen complete freeze after installing new hardware Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 5
ThumperTM How To Clean Boot Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials 0
W MiniTool Power Data Recovery Boot Disk 6.8 Windows 10 Help and Support 1
L Macrium Reflect boot problem Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
NinjaKiwi Sony Walkman NWZ-ZX1 unable to boot passed walkman logo Smartphones and other Devices Chat & Support 3
ThumperTM WiNToBootic, Windows To Go Boot Disk [Freeware] Windows Apps 0
J need some help my motherbroad wont boot up. Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 4
S Missing boot mgr to missing os Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
D Unlock Vista’s hidden boot screen Tutorials 0