DisposableVM

Jan 11, 2020
EU
OS
Linux
BR
Firefox 70.0
Hello, new guy here :)

I'm currently attempting to migrate from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and since I've never used W10 before the installation/update has proven to be quite a hassle. Anyway, I have a question about W10 activation. Which type of activation would you recommend and why? I am hopefully looking for something like a one-time offline activation. For example I would like to do the activation during or shortly after installation and not have to worry about it again. I know KMS is not the right answer because it requires periodic access to the internet (it's not offline). There are all kinds of W10 installation images available, but a lot of them use the KMS activators which is not what I ideally want. I think the images that use KMS are called VOLUME licenses or something like that. The trouble is most images do not specify what type they are.

Cheers!

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 79.0.3945.117
Honestly if you can find any junk system with a Win 7 COA attached just enter the CD key or whatever you want to call it. A Win 10 ISO will install a fresh copy and activate to match the key (Home or Pro). It will activate when you first go on line and that's it. Forever. M/S doesn't seem to care much about Win anymore. If your copy of Win 7 is legit load the ISO when Win 7 is running and choose can upgrade and that's it. Your system will retain any compatible software after the upgrade. No pain, no strain. Don't waste your time with bootlegs
Office is a whole different story. With KMS Office is a cat and mouse game. I would suspect M/S will change the rules with Office validation soon. That's how they roll with Office. Windows though, no worries and I wouldn't bother with KMS. Too much a pain in the tail when there is a simple solution.

Reactions: ThumperTM

cndps

May 25, 2019
PT
OS
Windows 8.1
BR
Chrome 79.0.3945.130
I don't think that this really works. During my life i got 5 or 6 computers and all of them got to a point that could be repaired.