• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 Task View Action

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

oldgeek

Aug 25, 2021
+I have had a look through the forums and can't seem to find any mention of this but it has a bit to do with privacy and it is something I have not seen anywhere else.

Now the task view in essence is supposed to be able to allow you to call back any active screen you may be using at the time however, I think that a lot of windows 10 users are not aware, unless you use the task view a lot, it does keep a history of most of the screens or "tasks" that you use in the past. I had an occasion to look at a female friends computer and found details there that I am sure she would not like me to know about.

If any of you don't make frequent use of the task manager, I would advise you to call it up (it is located on the left of the task bar and looks like a film roll) and scroll down until you get to the last task. On the computer I mentioned above the task view had kept a history dating back to June 2021 and I read the tasks on it two days ago since this post. Some things should not be so easy to see on a computer and Microsoft has not recognised this fact that the task view can compromise the privacy of people.

As an end note for those who are interested, all the dead tasks can be removed by right click and selecting remove, you will not be able to remove any live tasks. Maybe this will help someone.

task-view.png

Old Geek

Last edited:
Good call. It's one of those privacy things that many of us don't know goes on. If privacy is your thing, do a little digging, you would be surprised what Google and Microsoft know about you if you don't disable those features.

Back