• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 11 Installation without TPM / secure boot

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

oldgeek

Aug 25, 2021
Hi,

My first post in this site so bare with me.

I have windows 11 running on the laptop I have as asustek were sensible enough to update the machine with a firmware update to enable Windows 11 to be installed. However, as my main machine, a desktop one, indicates it does not have TPM but does have secure boot. What I would like to know has anyone had windows 11 installed on a similar equipped machine with or without any problems. Microsoft has indicated that without TPM there may be screen crashes (blue screen of death) and some updates may not install or work. I know there are both some fixes to this and some versions out there that have been, shall we say, fixed, but not heard of any comments about how it has behaved.

Incidentally, apart from a few crappy additives to windows 11, it has worked fine for me buit at the end of the day it is still windows 10 with a fancy skirt.

Oldgeek

I think if you head over to 1337x and look for Win 11 upped by someone we all know, if you read the directions it will install on any system running Win 10 without and further intervention and it's legit, I am running it on this system (Shhh!).
As far as the blue screen stuff that's nonsense.

I think if you head over to 1337x and look for Win 11 upped by someone we all know, if you read the directions it will install on any system running Win 10 without and further intervention and it's legit, I am running it on this system (Shhh!).
As far as the blue screen stuff that's nonsense.
Thank you for your "referral", how have you got on with your updates for win 11?

Oldgeek

Really? It worked for me just fine. I used it for 2 systems, the latest a Lenovo Y40-70 I just picked up with an i7 4510 so it's an oldie but goodie. Granted you need an eligible digital license, otherwise you will need an activator.
If you have that license, you just to delete the appraiserrres.dll, then reassemble the ISO as directed. The updates work just fine, Microsoft doesn't seem to protective of Win 11.
The fixed versions will work just fine too.

Back