• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

WINDOWS 11 SLOW SHUT DOWN

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

bosco44

Mar 29, 2022
I did a couple of registry tweaks to speed up shut down - no luck. Anyone having the same issue? Care to share any solution please? Thanks in advance.

Some program has data in it's buffers. Windows (I think it was 2K) was criticized for dumping data while shutting down resulting in data loss. That's why you now get all those funky nag boxes it you try a shut down with programs open. The only way to get a clue is check the task manger while you are shutting down, that should give you some clue of the offending program, it's probably a terminate and stay resident program of some sorts. It may be generating an error during shut down so check the Windows error log too.
Sorry I can't be more specific. Do you by chance remember when the slow shut down started and what you may have installed just before that? Keep in mind, some cracks may cause this behavior as well.

Thanks for the info!! Will investigate better. You gave me some good clues - thanks you much for your input!

Back